Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Cleaning/polishing For The Lazy Git

Basically, I am too lazy to really spend hours and hours cleaning and polishing my car and am after some basic cleaning polishing products, but when I look at certain brands and stuff like Meguiars or Autoglym they all seem to have about a million different treatments, shampoos, polishers, cloths, clay bars etc etc etc - the list is endless and very confusing! :duh:

What are some good products without going overboard? Like just a good polish or something? Not really interested in a 10-stage process involving 20 different products, however good the end results might be.

Any advice appreciated.

id go for carlack all in one and sealent galze followed by some p21s wax. just about to buy some myself

I take it the Carlack sealant glaze is the same as the klasse? If so I wouldn't advocate it for the lazy detailer...

It's very hard work and requires multiple coats with 24hours curing time between each application.

If you're slightly lazy I'd go for the All in One followed by a good carnuba like P21S (as mentioned above) and cut out the sealant glaze.

Or if you're really lazy maybe try meg's Nxt Tech Wax (it's quick and super easy to appply remove) but resluts won't be anything like the above combination.

Have a scan of the autopia product review forums - they give good low down on what each product is like

HTH

i think maybe just the klasse/carlack all-in-one will be suffice if u wanna be a little lazy. it polishes and seals in one coat.

obviously waxing is then an option but i bet u'll be amazed by just the all-in-one.

:D

i think maybe just the klasse/carlack all-in-one will be suffice if u wanna be a little lazy. it polishes and seals in one coat.

obviously waxing is then an option but i bet u'll be amazed by just the all-in-one.

I did just that to the wifes car (Carlack68 AIO and P21s Carnuba):

HERE

Since then though the local Honda dealer ruined it and swirled it badly after it's service... :crybaby:

Needs the full treatment again... :duh:

PS - one thing I have learnt is that the easier a wax is to remove the softer a barrier left behind (if you know what I mean)

Cheers for the ideas guys, am I right in thinking Halfrauds does Meguiars stuff now?

Also any other stockists for the Car-Lack/Klasse and P21s stuff? CarSparkle.com seems to have shockingly bad stock levels - only a handful of stuff seems to be in stock!

Cheers for the ideas guys, am I right in thinking Halfrauds does Meguiars stuff now?

Also any other stockists for the Car-Lack/Klasse and P21s stuff? CarSparkle.com seems to have shockingly bad stock levels - only a handful of stuff seems to be in stock!

Linky Most of us use Autopia, they are very quick with their delivery

Nice one, just placed an order for some of the recommended stuff and also some P21s wheel gel (as the acid-based stuff I used to use on my old alloys is a big no-no for the new ones!)

Nice one, just placed an order for some of the recommended stuff and also some P21s wheel gel (as the acid-based stuff I used to use on my old alloys is a big no-no for the new ones!)

A result :D Don't forget tp post pic's when finished

I did just that to the wifes car (Carlack68 AIO and P21s Carnuba):

HERE

Since then though the local Honda dealer ruined it and swirled it badly after it's service... :crybaby:

Needs the full treatment again... :duh:

PS - one thing I have learnt is that the easier a wax is to remove the softer a barrier left behind (if you know what I mean)

I have yet to try Carnuba wax .... is it hard to buff?, do you need one of those electric polishers?

How well does it keep the dirt off ? Can you do a light wash then just to remove the dust, or will you have to renew the wax each again........ I'm not Lazy but never seem to have enough time to keep the car as clean as it should be.... :)

I have yet to try Carnuba wax .... is it hard to buff?, do you need one of those electric polishers?

How well does it keep the dirt off ? Can you do a light wash then just to remove the dust, or will you have to renew the wax each again........ I'm not Lazy but never seem to have enough time to keep the car as clean as it should be.... :)

It's very easy to buff - definitely no need for a polisher, by hand is a breeze.

You can definitely do a light wash without the need to renew the wax - although you can also use a carnuba spritz or quick detailer that's safe with canuba wax after the wash to "top it up".

Soooooo worth it - nothing beats the feel/look (and even smell :blush: ) of a freshly carnuba-waxed car.

It is soft, so it can be removed I think if you don't wash it gently. You really need to put on 2 coats minimum, buffed and left for 24-48 hours before each application.

Rain just bounces off...

I reckon you need to reapply one coat each 4-6 weeks. The good thing is that it is easy to apply and take off, it only takes 45-60 minutes on a car the size of an IS.

PS the destructions state you do not need to let it haze. I tend to leave it on for at least 1 hour before removing it. It's harder to remove using this method, but it goes on like oil...