Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pics From A Newbie

Hi all, i joined LOC a few weeks back, just thought id post a few pics, let me know what you guys think:

bac6la.jpg

Audibahn amp+sub(+pioneer screen), Titan Electra rims, Custom exhausts, LED tail lights

rims3vq.jpg

lights6cl.jpg

Newest addition: Hids -Thanks to Dave-prolex for fitting, nice job. :)

Any suggestions for what i should do next?

Cheers for the feedback!

Wasnt too sure about lowering though,am worried itll make the ride less smooth!?? (use the car for work alot!).....

Also - does it look ok lowered without a body kit?-Pics would be great.

- which coilovers are best?

Cheers for the feedback!

Wasnt too sure about lowering though,am worried itll make the ride less smooth!?? (use the car for work alot!).....

Also - does it look ok lowered without a body kit?-Pics would be great.

- which coilovers are best?

TBH, every IS i've been in lowered felt better than stock lol

Maybe its just me but i like a clean responsive ride that gives me feedback..

When i was this low (higher than normal for the winter) -

IMG_0076.jpg

(6mm spacers all round)

I found the ride really nice... But in MK the roads are pretty flat... Even so, ride is nice...

If your on a budget springs, but coilovers are worthy investment

Hi all, i joined LOC a few weeks back, just thought id post a few pics, let me know what you guys think:

bac6la.jpg

Audibahn amp+sub(+pioneer screen), Titan Electra rims, Custom exhausts, LED tail lights

Hi A.J,

Back here in France people on our Forum love your car, especially the double exhaust system. It looks awesome. Could you tell us a bit more on how you managed to install such a system on your IS. Wasn't it a bit short of space?

Congrats,

Cheers Ted :) ,

-To be honest im not sure if there was anything special involved in fitting the exhausts....i asked a local exhausts company to do it. :hehe:.

I took a quick look underneath when they were fitting them and it looked as though there was enough room for the second one, although the back boxes were smaller than the factory one. Also, from what i could tell, it didnt take them much longer to fit mine than to do a single replacement, as some of my friends have used the same shop before.

By the way i really liked the effect of changing the exhausts-definitely worth doing!

Cheers Ted :) ,

-To be honest im not sure if there was anything special involved in fitting the exhausts....i asked a local exhausts company to do it. :hehe:.

I took a quick look underneath when they were fitting them and it looked as though there was enough room for the second one, although the back boxes were smaller than the factory one. Also, from what i could tell, it didnt take them much longer to fit mine than to do a single replacement, as some of my friends have used the same shop before.

By the way i really liked the effect of changing the exhausts-definitely worth doing!

Thanks for your quick reply A.J, What about the sound of your exhaust, and is it much more expensive than going for a standard Megan racing or Kazama ?

I asked them to make the exhausts as quiet as possible, i belive the mechanic said that hed use the biggest back boxes he could to achieve this, so i think if theyre larger it can be easier to make them quieter! (but i could be wrong)

I didnt notice a big difference with the change in sound especially after a week or two, and its definetly not a roaring sound like with some systems.

It came to £450 for supplying and fitting, and i saw the Kazama for £275 for just the muffler! So i dont think the price difference is very much.

With regards to the space issue, on second thoughts, i think they did infact cut a piece away before fitting the second exhaust whether or not it was just the 'bit that hangs down' or the whole 'plate' im not sure.

Thought a a picture might help:

pics0028te.jpg

BTW thanks Mr Singh for lowered pics i think im gonna order the TTE springs!

I asked them to make the exhausts as quiet as possible, i belive the mechanic said that hed use the biggest back boxes he could to achieve this, so i think if theyre larger it can be easier to make them quieter! (but i could be wrong)

I didnt notice a big difference with the change in sound especially after a week or two, and its definetly not a roaring sound like with some systems.

It came to £450 for supplying and fitting, and i saw the Kazama for £275 for just the muffler! So i dont think the price difference is very much.

With regards to the space issue, on second thoughts, i think they did infact cut a piece away before fitting the second exhaust whether or not it was just the 'bit that hangs down' or the whole 'plate' im not sure.

pics0028te.jpg

Thanks for the pics, it's definitely much clearer this way. I own a black IS, and I sure do want to put a similar exhaust system on it. Actually it looks very similar to the one on Gen² IS. :winky:

Hi Bazza,

Ill phone the shop where i got the wheels and find out the offset, but just in case, is there another way to find out what offset the wheels are?

Also are there any other side effects of having a lower than recommended offset? (Im not really sure what the offset is!?! -Although i have heard the term before.)

Will having the arches rolled when i get it lowered help?

Hi Bazza,

Ill phone the shop where i got the wheels and find out the offset, but just in case, is there another way to find out what offset the wheels are?

Also are there any other side effects of having a lower than recommended offset? (Im not really sure what the offset is!?! -Although i have heard the term before.)

Will having the arches rolled when i get it lowered help?

I think it's only worthwhile rolling your arches if you know they are going to rub.

Here's some info on offset.

Wheel offset calculator

pics0028te.jpg

Thanks for the pics, it's definitely much clearer this way. I own a black IS, and I sure do want to put a similar exhaust system on it. Actually it looks very similar to the one on Gen² IS. :winky:

I do like it very much indeed. Hmmm. £450...

Wonder if it gave you any increase in power at all?

D. B)

Hi Derek,

The guy who fitted the exhausts said that i should get a 5-7 BHP increase, and now that theyve been on for a while im inclined to agree!

Its at the very least alot smoother when accelerating but i wouldnt be surprised if a test showed a few more BHP.

In fact the imrovement was so much that im leaning towards getting an induction kit and sports cat to emphasize the effect even more!