Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting New Fog Light

Hello all,

Just taken delivery of a second hand fog light via eBay to replace my corroded one. I'm presuming it's pretty simple to fit but remember seeing a workshop guide or similar on here once before. I've tried searching for the guide but with no luck. Can anyone point me at it, or if it doesn't exist give me a few pointers?

cheers in advance

al

TO REMOVE THE FOGLIGHT:

1. remove arch liner(pull it back a little)

2.get a long flat head screwdriver

3. place it down the side of the lamp

4. lever the lug from the lamp out of the bumper

voila

piece of wee

Mat's advice is sound advice...........Just for your info, I took my fogs out when I had my bumper off (to replace it with a TTE one)....but yes two bolts, then a flat head driver down the side to force back the plastic lug sticking out from the side of the fog. Mine was a real game to get free, had to use a bit of force.

Keith

TO REMOVE THE FOGLIGHT:

voila

piece of wee

Mat's advice is sound advice...........Just for your info, I took my fogs out when I had my bumper off (to replace it with a TTE one)....but yes two bolts, then a flat head driver down the side to force back the plastic lug sticking out from the side of the fog. Mine was a real game to get free, had to use a bit of force.

Keith

Cheers Keith - gonna do this tomorrow.

al

TO REMOVE THE FOGLIGHT:

voila

piece of wee

Keith

hmmm, maybe I'm being a bit of a numpty here - but having trouble....

-- arch liner out of way? check

-- two bolts from side of fog lamp off? check

-- screwdriver down side to lever off lug? No. No. No. Try as I might it's proving a right b'staard.

Any tips here? Where's the best place to put the screwdriver from behind? from the front? Tried all kinds of attempts with varying amounts of force but no joy yet (and I'm worried about using too much force with screwdriver from front for fear of cracking/damage to bumper.)

:wacko:

EDIT s'ok - I was being a numpty. Cup of tea and a think about the concept of levers and everything is fixed now - new fog installed and working. Piece of wee indeed - cheers for tips all.

al

Edited by Hando