Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wot No Rattle Posts?

From the last months posts no one seems to mention rattles anymore Has this now been 100% sorted on the newest deliveries or had anyone had anything different. Mine now a b post pillar buzz on the passenger side..Should be easily cured At least the dash is sorted!!

alan

Had the rattle around the rhs dash sorted by Lexus Poole but picked up the centre speaker rattle a couple of days ago. It stops rattling if I press down on the speaker.

Gonna get the integrated iPod thingy fitted so will get rattle sorted at same time.

After 5100 miles I also have an awful lot of stone chips on the front valence and two on the bonnet. Anyone else got many ?

I'm still only getting 34mpg with an average speed of 54 mph :angry: on a long run. Last time into Poole they were about to tell me something to do with the poor fuel economy, then changed their mind and said to "watch this space" ...

I'm still only getting 34mpg with an average speed of 54 mph :angry: on a long run. Last time into Poole they were about to tell me something to do with the poor fuel economy, then changed their mind and said to "watch this space" ...

Hiya matey - that sounds really strange...

I've done hardly any miles and am getting high 30's-mid 40's on each tank full now, so whilst not brilliant I can live with it.

Let us know if you hear any more, it could just be yours with an issue. Have you suggested something as drastic as a reset of the ECU and/or EMU?

As far as centre speaker goes, whilst mine is fixed, I have noticed that the grill is a bit loose on one side again, and easily can be moved...It's just a poorly made speaker grill.

Still waiting for the seat to be replaced. Could be next week. The rattle around the centre dash speaker is getting more frequent and lined up to have it looked at next week as well. Combined with replacing the front seatbelts and looking into some wind noise, could be a long day or two at the service centre.

They have lined up a RX350 for me as a loan car. We'll see if I get one.

From the last months posts no one seems to mention rattles anymore Has this now been 100% sorted on the newest deliveries or had anyone had anything different. Mine now a b post pillar buzz on the passenger side..Should be easily cured At least the dash is sorted!!

alan

No rattles on the SEL Auto and no more wind noise. Drove back from Crawley yesterday and it returned 28.3 mpg, which is the most it's ever done. Probably explained by having the wife with me, so stayed on the limits and cruised mways at 88 mph. :D

SE-L is on 2800 miles now.

Drove back from Crawley yesterday.....stayed on the limits and cruised mways at 88 mph. :D

On the limits but travelling at 88 mph? Ah, of course - you must be talking about the Crawley just outside of Berlin...?? :winky:

alan

lexus mcr are picking my car up next week to try to cure the rattle as posted previously. this is the 5th time its been back. the car is now 6 months old and has rattled from the day i bought it. its been in the garage for about a total of 5 weeks from new.would i buy another lexus? yes. would i get one from lexus mcr? not a chance.

Still have dash creaks in my IS250. The creaks come from the centre stack and seems to be temperature related as it appears to be an expansion noise. Can be quite loud sometimes and generally not activated by bumps (only sometimes). The dealer have had one go already with no improvement, but will get them to try again when the seatbelts get replaced.

Problem also reported by a US owner on the club lexus site.

Also have an occassion buzz from above the tacho. Used to occur all the time until Lexus had a go at it. Only comes back infrequently (usually at night) so haven't bothered to get Lexus to look at it again.

Got a lift home in a friend's Hyundai Sonata the other day. Not a rattle or creak from the dashboard of what he calls his "throwaway car". Road noise also appeared more subdued as well! Problems I have had with rattles etc means that the IS250 is off his shopping list as a replacement for his family car. Front runner is a X class Jag. Yuk.

Still have dash creaks in my IS250. The creaks come from the centre stack and seems to be temperature related as it appears to be an expansion noise. Can be quite loud sometimes and generally not activated by bumps (only sometimes). The dealer have had one go already with no improvement, but will get them to try again when the seatbelts get replaced.

Problem also reported by a US owner on the club lexus site.

Also have an occassion buzz from above the tacho. Used to occur all the time until Lexus had a go at it. Only comes back infrequently (usually at night) so haven't bothered to get Lexus to look at it again.

Got a lift home in a friend's Hyundai Sonata the other day. Not a rattle or creak from the dashboard of what he calls his "throwaway car". Road noise also appeared more subdued as well! Problems I have had with rattles etc means that the IS250 is off his shopping list as a replacement for his family car. Front runner is a X class Jag. Yuk.

There is a 100% cure for the dash rattle Lexus australia would have access to teh video made whe my dash rattle was cured

alan