Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Electric Mirrors Fault

Just had the worst experience after an accident with my Is200. Took it to an insurance approved bodyshop ( who have held contracts with leicester Lexus to do their work in the past)who completely bodged it up ( laquer peeling and flattened the wedge line and spay over seals!!). Declined to go back for the recification work with them and took it to toyota in Leicester who have a factory approved bodyshop. I did go for a quote through lexus Leicester but the esimator didnt inspire much confidence. Anyway, Finally got my lex back after a rear drivers side door skin replacement and blend to the front and found my electric mirrors on both sides do not work! They were working fine before the rectification work.Now they fold ok but I cant adjust them. Toyota have looked at the connections and all seem ok so they have concluded that its the mirror switch. However, they are refusing to pay for the switch citing that its due to "wear and tear" and nothing to do with the repair. They are stating that unplugging ang plugging the connectors to the switch could not have done this!! I find this :tsktsk: absurd. I think they have blown the switch somehow and are refusing to deal with it. The insurance company have washed their hands of the affair too. Other than coughing up £100 for the switch, any options?? Its not that I cant pay but this kind of stuff makes my blood boil and I hate to give in!!

Just had the worst experience after an accident with my Is200. Took it to an insurance approved bodyshop ( who have held contracts with leicester Lexus to do their work in the past)who completely bodged it up ( laquer peeling and flattened the wedge line and spay over seals!!). Declined to go back for the recification work with them and took it to toyota in Leicester who have a factory approved bodyshop. I did go for a quote through lexus Leicester but the esimator didnt inspire much confidence. Anyway, Finally got my lex back after a rear drivers side door skin replacement and blend to the front and found my electric mirrors on both sides do not work! They were working fine before the rectification work.Now they fold ok but I cant adjust them. Toyota have looked at the connections and all seem ok so they have concluded that its the mirror switch. However, they are refusing to pay for the switch citing that its due to "wear and tear" and nothing to do with the repair. They are stating that unplugging ang plugging the connectors to the switch could not have done this!! I find this :tsktsk: absurd. I think they have blown the switch somehow and are refusing to deal with it. The insurance company have washed their hands of the affair too. Other than coughing up £100 for the switch, any options?? Its not that I cant pay but this kind of stuff makes my blood boil and I hate to give in!!

hiya mate, not really sure about your predictament, but i did see this which might help a bit if you do have to buy 1 yourself :o

switchpack

hiya mate, not really sure about your predictament, but i did see this which might help a bit if you do have to buy 1 yourself :o

switchpack

Thanks mate. Ive asked toyota to fit a new switch and decided to call it a a day. Just want my lex back! Still pretty angry though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links