Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Servicing In Edinburgh

Hi

I'm a new(ish) owner of a GS300 MkII and it's coming up for service time.

Even though the Edinburgh dealership couldn't be more helpful when I've asked them questions, I'm really reluctant to pay dealer prices for servicing. DIY is beyond me - too many sensors and tricky bits, so I'll have to get my beast services by someone who knows what they're doing.

Can anyone recommend an independent garage in the Edinburgh area?

Paul

Hi Paul,

all depends on what kind of service you`re after.

Any reputable garage should be able to do it. My nephew does mines as it`s only had a basic service since I got it.

If you need to go into the diagnostics there`s a company in Glenrothes who can do a check for you.

I fitted an induction kit and afterwards the engine cut out on me 3 times and he run it through the computer. Transpired it was a problem with the throttle sensor. He re-set the ECU and has been brilliant ever since. 37.50 it cost me. Dunno what Lexus would have charged but would have been a damned site more than that.

RJM Auto engineers in Glenrothes 01592 631609

Andy

Hi

Even though the Edinburgh dealership couldn't be more helpful when I've asked them questions, I'm really reluctant to pay dealer prices for servicing. DIY is beyond me - too many sensors and tricky bits, so I'll have to get my beast services by someone who knows what they're doing.

Paul

Hi

Paul

Paul,

I get my car serviced at Star Performance which is just outside Kirkcaldy. My last service, including Lexus filters etc was £180 - Lexus Edinburgh wanted £350+VAT. The owner is Jimmy Curly, tell him I recommended him to you.

Cheers

Hi

Paul

Hi

Paul

Paul,

I get my car serviced at Star Performance which is just outside Kirkcaldy. My last service, including Lexus filters etc was £180 - Lexus Edinburgh wanted £350+VAT. The owner is Jimmy Curly, tell him I recommended him to you.

Cheers

Curiously enough, I've heard good things about them from a m8 who lives out that way ... but he drives some sort of sup'ed up carrier bag on wheels.

Sadly Kirkcaldy's a bit too far away for me to go - it'd mean a day off work. And not knowing Edinburgh too well, I don't know who's reputable and who's not.

Another friend of mine uses a little one man and his dog garage down Leith way. Dead cheap, but give him something with an ECU in it and he goes white. If ever I get a classic car, he'd be on my list of fixers though. He actually repairs rather than replaces.