Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Altezza Servicing

Hi guys,

Am new to this and am having a few probs with getting my car sorted.

Took my car to Toyota for a service but all they actually did was change the oil and actually charged me over £150 for it! They said they couldnt do anything else as is a Jap import - not happy as they shouldnt have booked it in if they couldnt do anything :duh:

Will Lexus be able to help?

Anyway, it needs a new cambelt but cant find anywhere that will do it.

Am based in Essex so if anyone knows anywhere remotely close that could help me out it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

C.

Welcome to LOC,

Take it to an independant garage that have worked on Jap imports before.......

Over here in Ireland, when i first got my Altezza i took it to Toyota and they did very little and charged me well too.....

So for my CAM belt change i bought the belt online from Fensport (£30 inc vat) and took the car to a reputable local garage and they charged only €130 euro( £90 pound sterling) for labour..... job done and you get to see and talk to the guy that actually works on your car......

Welcome to LOC,

Take it to an independant garage that have worked on Jap imports before.......

Over here in Ireland, when i first got my Altezza i took it to Toyota and they did very little and charged me well too.....

So for my CAM belt change i bought the belt online from Fensport (£30 inc vat) and took the car to a reputable local garage and they charged only €130 euro( £90 pound sterling) for labour..... job done and you get to see and talk to the guy that actually works on your car......

That's what I did too :D

For routine stuff like oil, plugs and pads etc I just do myself.

Yup it's a nice friendly car to work on...... can get pads and plugs easy from the internet......

You can buy all of the fluids from Toyota .....

I got 7lts of coolant and 8lts of auto trans fluid for € 103 euro ( £70 pound)...

so buy all your bits and then just get a price for Labour...... :)

Brilliant!

Thanks for your help :)

Yeah have got new plugs and air filter myself cos didnt see the point in paying someone to sort it.

Will def have a scoot around some local places to fit the belt then, sounds like could save myself a packet B)

Lexus quoted £480 to do it - bit diff to your 120 all in :msn-oh:

Anyway, thanks again.

Lexus at Southend can/will carry out any work. They are also very quick at getting all Altezza parts.

Cambelt was cheaper at Lexus than Fensport, ....for your info.

Lexus would quote £480 as they will replace all belt tensioners and pulleys. Just bought the whole lot from them cost £256, so add couple hours labour, £480 is reasonable.

Hope you changed tensioner and idlers when doing your belt change.