Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hiv/aids....ignorance

Spotted this poster on a wall in a Lagos street........bring the infected persons along to see the Pastor, pay your money (charitable donation of course), Pastor says a couple of prayers and you're cured!

When I first saw it I thought it was on about PC viruses!

Poster.jpg

Lot of ignorance out there....... :ohmy:

Worst I've heard is that in certain parts of Africa they believe that raping a child will rid them of AIDS..... :sick: selfish basta*ds :tsktsk:

Too much of that going on, especially in parts of London. Just another scammer!!

They prey on people faith (pardoning the pun sound) and make as much dosh as possible...never to be seen again!

Possibly a scammer. Much more likely to be ok though. Sometimes an offering is taken at these sort of things but thats usually only to try to cover the costs of the venue, travel if the speaker is not from the local church etc. Often the local church just funds it though. 99.9% of church leaders are interested in serving people and not making money or they'd be in a different line of work. When I served as one of three leaders of a church only one of the others took a salary from the church and that was 1/4 of what I earned from my outside job.

And Go.d does heal. He healed my wife and daughter's wheat intolerance and my best mate's cancer.

Ive heard also about the situation in Africa of toddlers being abducted and raped in beleif that this will cure the aids virus.Unfortunately this practice is often encouraged as the major lack of education and strong beleif in spiritual cures is too manifested in these people and now not even education can help.Mankind is far from understanding how to destroy viruses,even the common cold is a challenge.Aids will be a problem for many more generations unfortunately

'Man made viruses'. Dont believe everything you read and half of what you hear. Imagine we cant cure the the common cold but we know 'how to treat it' instead. Its a bit naive if you think it out rationally.

Bottom line too much MONEY, too many JOBS etc etc in treating it.

Now why would they want to do something as silly as say, cure it when they will lose all the aforementioned???

Ive heard also about the situation in Africa of toddlers being abducted and raped in beleif that this will cure the aids virus.Unfortunately this practice is often encouraged as the major lack of education and strong beleif in spiritual cures is too manifested in these people and now not even education can help.Mankind is far from understanding how to destroy viruses,even the common cold is a challenge.Aids will be a problem for many more generations unfortunately

very common in south africa - the belief is if you have s*x with a virgin then you will be cured of aids etc the younger the virgin the more potent the cure - as u expect babies getting raped now! what else do you expect where approx 95% of the population believe in witch craft and the minister for health says eating garlic and beetroot will help prevent aids............. welcome to africa!

And Go.d does heal. He healed my wife and daughter's wheat intolerance and my best mate's cancer.

so the cancer dissapeared without medical treatment???????????????????? :blink:

They should make this sickening practice of child rape a capital offence.... that would destroy some of the incentive.... As it is the infected are spreading the disease to the innocent who will never get the chance to prevent themselves getting the disease through education....

They should make this sickening practice of child rape a capital offence.... that would destroy some of the incentive.... As it is the infected are spreading the disease to the innocent who will never get the chance to prevent themselves getting the disease through education....

dont think it would make any difference at all TBH - they know they are going to die anyway, if they can try something to get rid of it they will.

dont think it would make any difference at all TBH - they know they are going to die anyway, if they can try something to get rid of it they will.

I tend to agree.......child rape (which is a lot less common in Africa than in Europe) already carries harsh penalties and life expectancy in African gaols is not exactly high anyway....... :blink:

Yes, but if they knew they would be put to death for doing this, then what would be the point....

But it's a culture thing and that never changes over night...... Sad sick world :crybaby:

don't think it would make any difference at all TBH - they know they are going to die anyway, if they can try something to get rid of it they will.

I tend to agree.......child rape (which is a lot less common in Africa than in Europe) already carries harsh penalties and life expectancy in African gaols is not exactly high anyway....... :blink:

Should be brought in to Europe too... too many sickos and too many stupid do-good-er laws.....

Big disgrace in Ireland at present.... letting sickos out of jail, old law making illegal to have s*x with a minor was challenged and defeated...... Mr. "A" who is a 42 year old man got a 12 year drunk and then had s*x with her.... now he's out!... :sick:

Its a sick world but its all they know really with out education,

A bit off topic but my parents came back from Egypt and they found out that the meaning of gay in shorten terms, means if you are the taker you are gay but if you are the giver its ok and your still a man.

so this means the men can get away with raping the young boys and still be all butcho etc pretty f**ked up

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links