Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Warning Racelogic Trc

Firstly id like to thank Sam and all the staff of Torque Developments for getting my car sorted and on the road in time for me to get to work.

After much deliberation i decided with Mark that my car was ready for some action so decided to go for one of the many tempting deals Camcon/injectors/FconVpro/full mapping and to follow a couple of weeks later the boost upgrade and larger intercooler with some other little bits.Anyway the car was booked in for the first load of mods to go in.When Mark and the team got down to work they noticed that all the racelogic TRC kit that had been fitted by a racelogic authorised dealer was sat in a neat pile under the driver side mat,infact on closer inspection none of the wiring was even setup meaning that the install hadnt taken place.When i left the authorised dealers premises last month i was told that the traction control system was up and running and paid for the install in full.For the time being im not mentioning the tuner involved as i am still in the process of recovering my refund and apology.

The reason that i am writing here is to warn others not to get racelogic fitted to their cars by any racelogic authorised dealer unless you have a previous knowledge of their practice or they come highly reccommended by other users.Im really jacked off now as ive been made to look and feel a mug which is embarrassing,but not so embarrassing that i woulnt take the time to warn others.Pictures have been taken of the install and they have been sent to Mike Broadbent who is the head of sales at Racelogic,who is approaching the company in question on my behalf for a refund.

What ive found out since corresponding with racelogic is

1)Tdi have done more installs on IS200s than any other tuner in the UK,looks like i was bloody stupid for going with an unknown in the first place,

2)and have now sadly found out that it would have all worked out cheaper if id got the install done at Tdi in the first place.(gutted)BTW when the car is ready next week ill post up the results if Mark can sort something like a dyno read out but i hear its difficult on the auto.

Nice one mate. Hope you get it sorted soon. I should be getting the Racelogic installed soon myself by TDI.

Also look foward to seeing what results you'll be getting. :D

What boost upgrade are you getting? Is it for the auto s/c? Bigger pulley etc

yo ad yeah im going for the pulley upgrade,Mark doesnt want to take it past 0.5/0.6 bar of pressure that will be safe and reliable to use in his opinion.maybe even more.

Phew..... from your title i thought that it had failed and you'd crashed the car.......

That's terrible that they think they could get away with that kind of sh**ty install.... hope you get refunded....name and shame when it all gets sorted!

I thought that it was working :blush: ,ive got a digi adjuster mounted which was wired in and the lights on the display came on when the car was started.And yes i took there word for it,guess i dont know much bout trc,but ive been pushing the car hard through corners and not crashed so i cant say.I cant remember feeling much of a dramatic difference when it was newly fitted,as peeps all said that you can definetley know when its on/off,guess i dont feel much then.Its all v embarassing anyways. :blush:

Thats a really poor show by the Company whos so say fitted it :angry:

How many more people have they done over :ohmy:

Get your money back and report them to trading standards so they dont rip off others ;)

At least its been spotted sooner rather than later and you can do something about it.

Good on you for posting up whats happened to you.

All the Best.

Chips..

no dave the handover of my car was done at closing time.The car was inspected he just showed me how the digi adjuster worked and that it was all setup and ready to go.I should have checked the entire system was working really.its my own stupidity

they put that in the passenger footwell which i was told later would only have taken one person to press their foot on it and they would have knackered the connections going into box.It was a mess.

you said in this post here

Racelogic Topic

that you noticed a difference, i take it that it was just a Placebo effect then...?

the fact you had a malfunction light on would have had me suspect straight away!

Named and shamed already so................. :winky:

yeah absolutely placebo.I had no reason not to beleive that it wasnt done and convinced myself that it was working,hence the post.The malfunction indicator suggests what?

Oh my word that is just plain dirty. Is there a garages from hell prog yet?

These guys should be on there. I think you should name them before someone elses gets the shaft.

A refund would just be the start of it.

Let us know what its like when you do get to try it out and the package upgrade.

right you are Pip,but from now on when work gets done im gonna drive my car straight round to an LOC members place and get them to drive it, cos so far ive displayed that i know nothing about the difference these mods are supposed to make.I thought i did but obviously not. :duh:

I wonder about this whole 'psychological' mindset. Its utilised a lot in other scenarios and instances.

Its like with the TTE ARB's, i cant tell the difference to be fair. I rely on my own ability.

I wonder about this whole 'psychological' mindset. Its utilised a lot in other scenarios and instances.

Its like with the TTE ARB's, i cant tell the difference to be fair. I rely on my own ability.

whhaaaat, you havnt noticed any diff with the ARB's,, its deffently noticable man...

Wonder are the standard Sport ARB's different to the S & SE models ?

maybe with having a sport which is slightly lower as standard the effect with changing the ARB's is less noticable.........