Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Minor Repairs- Pleasant Surprise On Cost

Parked at a sporting field last week which had a kerb higher than most. Not thinking went to put the nose over it and cracked the front bumper right at the bottom.

Dropped into the panel beater on the way home thinking **** this is going to cost heaps.

In 0Z dollars $469 for the complete front bumper skin and $350 to paint it and fit. For just over $800 (That's like 300 quid) I think that's cheap. Kudos for Lexus for keeping the parts reasonable. Even the Panel beater was amazed.

Hey I'm P***ed I bent it but I think I got off lightly

Parked at a sporting field last week which had a kerb higher than most. Not thinking went to put the nose over it and cracked the front bumper right at the bottom.

Dropped into the panel beater on the way home thinking **** this is going to cost heaps.

In 0Z dollars $469 for the complete front bumper skin and $350 to paint it and fit. For just over $800 (That's like 300 quid) I think that's cheap. Kudos for Lexus for keeping the parts reasonable. Even the Panel beater was amazed.

Hey I'm P***ed I bent it but I think I got off lightly

How bad was the crack/damage as such? A pic?

£300 for body work is quite cheap, expecially for a new model car.

Maybe its much cheaper in Oz for these things?

D.

OZ $800

UK £800

I bet that's what would happen here. Most sprayers don't get out of bed unless unless you pay 'em £150-200 just for the paint (Base and clear)!!

I recently got the rear bumper replaced on my IS200. Halfords paid due to their screw up fitting parking sensors. Cost was €865 (£595) including spray, refitting sensors and 2 day car rental.