Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fellow owners,

Be very careful, there is a thread going on this site about an eBay seller breaking Lexus cars, where others have paid for defective or worn out items, in some cases they have paid but nothing ever arrived!

I got caught once many years ago and bought a climate control unit for a MK2 LS400, due to the usual problem of the screen blackening, I was assurred it was perfect, when it arrived it was worse than useless! So I used it to practice on, learning how to replace Mk2 LCD screens before attempting the job in my own unit.

My advice is to scrutinise sellers feedback ratings before dealing, or place a question here, enlisting the experiences of other owners who may have already dealt with them, before parting with what could be a serious amount of cash.

Good hunting,

Chris Vince

I'm not affiliated with the eBay seller in anyway, merely came accross that LS400 the other night in my usual slog through eBay.....

I'm sure Mat is a big boy and won't just part with his cash without doing a bit of checking..........

Do you know this seller and had a bad incounter? ......... or are you on about a past transaction that you had with a different person?

I'm not affiliated with the EBay seller in anyway, merely came accross that LS400 the other night in my usual slog through EBAY.....

I'm sure Mat is a big boy and won't just part with his cash without doing a bit of checking..........

Do you know this seller and had a bad incounter? ......... or are you on about a past transaction that you had with a different person?

Hi Noel,

No inference intended at all connecting you with the eBay item, I'm sure it wasn't this seller I dealt with, it was in my early days of Lexus ownership.

Being horrified at the price of a Lexus climate control unit, I filled in one of the multitude of online spare part request forms, and found a breaker that had one, my problems started when they sacked the bloke I had dealt with (or so they said) and then denied that he would have confirmed it was a servicable part.

I do clearly recall a thread running here, where another owners-club member had had a bad experience through eBay, several others joined in recounting similar unsatisfactory deals.

The point I was trying to make, is that it is all too easy to dispense with our normal checks when we come across, or are offerred something we think is a bargain!

Best regards,

Chris Vince

I'm not affiliated with the EBay seller in anyway, merely came accross that LS400 the other night in my usual slog through EBAY.....

If it's the 1990 Lexus being broken on eBay the guy's in Leicester and I bought the plastic engine under cover off him as mine was damaged for £20.00 after gunking it looked like new.

So he was ok with me and seemed genuine.

Steve.

hello mat,

i have used swift salvage twice now and both times their service has been spot-on.

once i collected a lcd panel(which was better than their description!)

the other a mail order for a steering rack and starter motor which are fine after 6 months use.

its 10 pound delivery.

they were recommended by others at loc and now myself.

phone 01903 856568 mobile 07748 701572 e-mail swiftsalvage@aol.com.

they are based at west sussex

hope this helps

cheers maz

used to go down there regulary when i had the supra, they were one of the better ones tbh, local to me aswell.

be cheeky and tell em your in the owners club i got a discount on stuff i bought using that line,

Steve