Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mud Flaps On New Is

I actually fitted them yesterday. It took 10ish minutes per wheel, done and dusted!!

Front by full lock and rears by jacking a few inches. No wheels had to be removed, and only used 1 screws/rivets on the front and 2 screws on the back each.

Had to drill 2 small holes (6mm) into the rear arch (in the bumper part of the arch). Didn't bother with the supplementary screws into the arch liners as the install is very solid with just the 2 on each flap.

One thing I have noticed is that these new IS's have very little lining in the arches compared to my old Audi (and even the wifes Jazz). This could be one reason for the road noise....

flaps43jv.jpg

flaps39ea.jpg

flaps24wh.jpg

flaps18kq.jpg

PS - dressed the tyres today after washing the Jazz, but the IS has not been washed since it's 2nd coat of P21s - still looks immac. It's garaged over night, but it was driven to Milton Keynes in the rain last week...just shows how well the Carlack68 and P21s combo works...muck just falls off it, and rain bounces right off! Just the wheels at the front show some dust, and a little surface dust on the wings, but that's it!!

The "Urban Graffitti" is still the same, but the 307SW has been rubbed out, and replaced by Bob's C4 !

Very nice, I may have to invest in some of these.

I was somewhat distracted by how shiny the car looked however, are you sure you've used it rather than just roll it in and out of the garage :D

Very nice, I may have to invest in some of these.

I was somewhat distracted by how shiny the car looked however, are you sure you've used it rather than just roll it in and out of the garage :D

Yes :lol: done approx 180 miles since the treatments (120 in the rain). The pictures seem to make it sparkle, close up in eyeball you can see the dust on it.

Certain colours I have read "come out" best with Carnuba - red being one of them...

Jamboo, I like 'em, except I would want them colour coded, maybe some England ones for the next month or so :D

:lol: On a red car you need to just paint them white, and stick a St George red cross in the middle!!! You could get really "Posh" and stick 3 lions and "7" or the number of your favourite premadonna on them!!

:lol::lol:

:lol: :lol:

I can see a new business opportunity starting to develop ... much better than the flags as you'd have four england flags with no danger of them comming off. Also, if you support multiple teams then you've got up to four flag opportunites.

does anyone know if theese are available for the old IS :question:

I actually fitted them yesterday. It took 10ish minutes per wheel, done and dusted!!

Front by full lock and rears by jacking a few inches. No wheels had to be removed, and only used 1 screws/rivets on the front and 2 screws on the back each.

Had to drill 2 small holes (6mm) into the rear arch (in the bumper part of the arch). Didn't bother with the supplementary screws into the arch liners as the install is very solid with just the 2 on each flap.

One thing I have noticed is that these new IS's have very little lining in the arches compared to my old Audi (and even the wifes Jazz). This could be one reason for the road noise....

flaps43jv.jpg

flaps39ea.jpg

flaps24wh.jpg

flaps18kq.jpg

PS - dressed the tyres today after washing the Jazz, but the IS has not been washed since it's 2nd coat of P21s - still looks immac. It's garaged over night, but it was driven to Milton Keynes in the rain last week...just shows how well the Carlack68 and P21s combo works...muck just falls off it, and rain bounces right off! Just the wheels at the front show some dust, and a little surface dust on the wings, but that's it!!

The "Urban Graffitti" is still the same, but the 307SW has been rubbed out, and replaced by Bob's C4 !

Were did you get them from Lexus or another source?

Apparently they are the same 'flaps, even the box says Toyota IS200 ! Best to take your G1 IS there and take one out of the box, position it and see for yourself.

Pulled into a service station yesterday - on the M40. Parked up next to an IS250 SE-L, Black with upgraded wheels, the owner was getting in and asked me about the 'flaps...

Owner was not aware of the LOC, mentioned it and said he would register...

There appears to be a "friendship" between owners of this marque that I have never seen before. Just shows how much better off you are when veer away from Main stream....