Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 (53)

All I can say is keep it! I can still see the horror on the drivers face behind me when my motor shot two meters closer to him at a junction! Its all to easy to engage reverse instead of first when you dont think about it!

All I can say is keep it! I can still see the horror on the drivers face behind me when my motor shot two meters closer to him at a junction! Its all to easy to engage reverse instead of first when you dont think about it!

Having read everyones advise I think I will keep the buzzer activated..

Thanks for your responses

• 4 weeks later...
I am soon to be fitting parking sensors but wish to switch off the reverse buzzer already fitted.

Does anyone know if it is possible or not ???

Yes you can switch it of.

i asked my dealer to do it and i don't have the buzzer any more.

When I first test drove my IS 200 I wanted to disable that annoying reversing buzzer as soon as I got it!

I posted on here before picking the car up and had some REALLY good advice not to do it

I am pleased to say that I took this advice and if I had disabled it I am sure I would have had 2 accidents by now

The closest was when I was doing a 3 point turn in what was a quiet road when I started the manoeuver and then turned into Picadilly Circus when I was half way through

I tried to quickly snatch 1st Gear and hit reverse!

Even with the reversing beeps enabled I still travelled backwards a bit :crying:

If there had been no beeps I am 100% sure I would have hit something!

This was more than enough to convine me the LOC advice was spot on and I hope you take heed of all the advice in this thread - I think everyone has a "I snatched reverse instead of 1st" story - especially when you arte flustered, trying to do it quickly, or have people waiting!