Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Traction Controll

like what only fitted injecters why would the trc light flsh for coil packs

My TRC light flashed, when my coilpack went :o (thay are linked, thats how thay work) so you have fitted new injectors ? did you re-set the ECU ?

yeah but it was the vpro and camcon installed,i understand the indicator malfunction lamp for that,but why the trc light flashing that only started the other day,the same morning that daza reported his,that i cant understand.i havent fitted my larger injectors yet there still in the glovebox.

My TRC light flashed, when my coilpack went :o (thay are linked, thats how thay work) so you have fitted new injectors ? did you re-set the ECU ?

the car is plugged in a the mo so i think the ecu or hks ecu would pick up on this onthe laptop

yeah but it was the vpro and camcon installed,i understand the indicator malfunction lamp for that,but why the trc light flashing that only started the other day,the same morning that daza reported his,that i cant understand.i havent fitted my larger injectors yet there still in the glovebox.

do you have the vpro then ?

If your wheels spin, then your TRC light will flash :D this in turn then tells the ECU to not rev, stopping wheels form spinning :o so to speak :D link to both :)

the car is plugged in a the mo so i think the ecu or hks ecu would pick up on this onthe laptop

do you have the vpro then ?

Daz, are you getting any codes on the laptop ?

well no because he has to plug in the obd2 think its called that when that was done it was just the cat which i expected because i have no cats at all but he unpluged the throttle senser there is 2 one for low idle the other for the rest when he ubplgged the low idle the light went out now does this mean that it is that or he seems to think it could be the stepper motor in between

well no because he has to plug in the obd2 think its called that when that was done it was just the cat which i expected because i have no cats at all but he unpluged the throttle senser there is 2 one for low idle the other for the rest when he ubplgged the low idle the light went out now does this mean that it is that or he seems to think it could be the stepper motor in between

I dont think its your stepper motor.

So you have fitted new injectors, did you have it all set-up for this (mapped) or just fitted new injectors ?

Rsarin + Daz, when new ECU fitted did the fitter use voltage clamp, if not, the old ECU will still talk to new one and will not understand what going on :duh: causing your lights (trc/eng/man/light) to keep flashing :o

did you have any mods done at the time,as daza had the injectors and his lights started flashing,and like mine i had an fcon fitted and my lights started.what mod caused yours?

my traction controll light is flashing constantly can some one tell me what this means you cant turn it off or on

thanks

daz

The garage that has/had your car should have the facilities and capabilities to diagnose and cure that for you mate :)

snap daza,mine started this morning aswell.my probs are different tho.but its the first time ive seen my TRC light flash non-stop.i think they are all mentioned as take to a lexus dealer as only solution in the book

It could be somethng to do with not having enough time to finish the job properly last time Raj (only had time for an emergency "get you home" job), or it may be a new issue.

Either way I am sure that we can diagnose and rectify the fault when you come in this week :)

Rsarin + Daz, when new ECU fitted did the fitter use voltage clamp, if not, the old ECU will still talk to new one and will not understand what going on :duh: causing your lights (trc/eng/man/light) to keep flashing :o

The FCON ecu's have a "built in" facility to calibrate the FCD function, so a separate voltage clamp is not required :)

Now i understand why your lights are on, with only having emergency get you home job done, now wonder thay are flashing, Mark should have told you this may happen, if not only to put your mind to rest :D

See you this week mate :D

Now i understand why your lights are on, with only having emergency get you home job done, now wonder thay are flashing, Mark should have told you this may happen, if not only to put your mind to rest :D

See you this week mate :D

I am sure that if the the lights were on after we done what we needed to do and road tested it, then we would have mentioned it to Raj to put him at ease. Nobody knows why they are on yet so any conjecture is pointless :)

My lights were not on when i left Tdi or i would have asked sam to do something about it(beleive me).when i got in my car the next morning and started it the indicator malfunction light lit up.A few days later the trc light started flashing,i understand that it was an emergency get me home job,thats why im being a very good boy and using light throttle :D

My lights were not on when i left Tdi or i would have asked sam to do something about it(beleive me).when i got in my car the next morning and started it the indicator malfunction light lit up.A few days later the trc light started flashing,i understand that it was an emergency get me home job,thats why im being a very good boy and using light throttle :D

Thats ok then, as you knew :D when you go to steve's, he can plug his meter in and find out why your lights are flashing :D to give you an idea :D

• 2 weeks later...