Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help - I Can't Get In My Car!

Guys,

I need a bit of help.

The car won't let me in, luckily I'm at home and have tried both remotes but to no avail! Won't recognise my hand in the handle or open via button on remote (although the boot is open!), and I've tried both remotes to ensure it's not Battery related.

It let me in once then wouldn't lock back up. Now locked it, won't let me back in again!!

Any ideas???

Ta.

Are there any devices around the car that can cause an interference with the radio waves ?

It's on its own on the drive where it always is!!! Confusing the hell out of me! :duh:

Am i right is saying there is no key for the 220D at all? just the fobs

Are there any devices around the car that can cause an interference with the radio waves ?

It's on its own on the drive where it always is!!! Confusing the hell out of me! :duh:

There is really only the fob. it contains a key inside which locks the glovebox and I'm guessing I could take some of the door handle off to unlock the car. Problem is, the immobiliser will still be active.

Normally you just walk up and put your hand in the handle and it unlocks. The car is sensing the key though as the lights under the wing mirrors come on when you approach...just won't unlock..

I'm just thinking that Lexus surely would not off relied purely on the keyless entry 100% and there must be some sort of secondary backup?

if the boot is open can you not try climbing in and starting the car I appreciate the alarm will be activated but this should only last 20 seconds (providing on the Immobilisor set up) or so if you can start the car then maybe this will reset the system

Nothing in the manual?

Good Luck

There is really only the fob. it contains a key inside which locks the glovebox and I'm guessing I could take some of the door handle off to unlock the car. Problem is, the immobiliser will still be active.

Normally you just walk up and put your hand in the handle and it unlocks. The car is sensing the key though as the lights under the wing mirrors come on when you approach...just won't unlock..

can't find anything in manual for this problem. trip to dealer me thinks

I reckon you're right. I called Lexus emergency response (twice as got cut off after waiting ten minutes the first time!) Then got through to the Toyota helpdesk :blink: and they'll be here by 10pm.

The super heroes of car maintenance I tell ya!!!

Guys,

I need a bit of help.

The car won't let me in, luckily I'm at home and have tried both remotes but to no avail! Won't recognise my hand in the handle or open via button on remote (although the boot is open!), and I've tried both remotes to ensure it's not battery related.

It let me in once then wouldn't lock back up. Now locked it, won't let me back in again!!

Any ideas???

Ta.

This has happended to me twice. Both times I had to fiddle with the lock/unlock button on the door handle. Eventually I got in and car was fine afterwards. Also, try the passenger side.

Hi,

my manual has a section on what to do if the wireless key is depleted.

It is on page 360 of my manual "5.2 steps to take in an emergency.

What to do if the electronic key is discharged."

Have you tried this???

Hi,

my manual has a section on what to do if the wireless key is depleted.

It is on page 360 of my manual "5.2 steps to take in an emergency.

What to do if the electronic key is discharged."

Have you tried this???

Jim

I'll have a look - if it'll let me back in...

I have tried both remotes though, I remember the bit about holding the fob to the starter button to start it's just the getting in part that's stumping me at the moment.

Guys,

I need a bit of help.

The car won't let me in, luckily I'm at home and have tried both remotes but to no avail! Won't recognise my hand in the handle or open via button on remote (although the boot is open!), and I've tried both remotes to ensure it's not battery related.

Any ideas???

Ta.

Hi. Take the key out of the fob and remove the plastic surround on the door handle (the fixed section, it just pops off). Underneath, pointing down you will find a key hole that is the same as the glove box lock. Use the key from the fob to unlock the door. Then place the fob directly over the start button and press it. This should get you going. I had similar problems last week, twice, but only in a particular location. Seems the radio transmitter was being interfered with?

Good luck

Hi All

Have similar problem on my IS250 - access to the car not a problem but on 3 separate occassions despite having the key held by the start button - car fails to start! Three different locations and the only explanation to date from Lexus is 'air waves' which quite frankly I think is a cop out.

Result so far they collected the car last Friday week and have ordered and fitted a new complete transponder system ( a special order flown in from Japan!) and the car is due back to me today! Love the car but cannot afford to have a car that wont perform.

They agree at the moment but have told them that if the new parts dont recitfy the problem then they can have it back, delivered by me personally through the showroom front door!

Regards

Frustrated Geoff :angry:

Apparently Mobile phone signals distort the signal. Did you guys have Mobile "on" in same pocket as key fob? Was it "on your person" when you failed to get in? Have you recently changed your mobile?

A certain MB garage in Coventry is right next to a huge mast, all remotes are rendered useless there (as I found out when trying to get into my old car whilst negotiating a possible deal 2 years ago).

Rich bee

What was the out come of this? did lexus response turn up on time?

Guys,

I need a bit of help.

Any ideas???

Ta.

Rich bee

What was the out come of this? did lexus response turn up on time?

Guys,

I need a bit of help.

Any ideas???

Ta.

Mmmmmm perhaps Lexus turned up fixed it, Rich got in and now can't get out :blink:

Mmmmmm perhaps Lexus turned up fixed it, Rich got in and now can't get out :blink:

:D :D :D

Well, they (it turned out to be the plain old RAC) turned up after two and a half hours. When he put the van in front of the car, everything was fine :blush: When he moved the van backwards, bingo, nothing working!

We established when you press the button on the door to lock the car it 'speaks' to the fob (watch the red light blink as you do it) as we were trying to rule out dodgy keys or interference. Gave up after 30 mins after disconnecting Battery and back as the car was locking fine.

Went to it this morning and all is fine again, no mobile masts have been built near by as I'd know about it through work, just some intermittent interference. Who knows, will take the car in on Monday to have a once over just in case.

I think interference is becomming worse, since found out my cousin got stranded in Milton Keynes. Paid a breakdown firm £80 to come out, he rolled the car back 10ft and all was fine - 'Happens here all the time mate, that'll be £80'

Good news is been at Legoland with kids all day, knackered and sun burnt but at least I managed to get back into the car :hehe:

As a rule of thumb, if you have any issues trying to lock the car at anytime, move it to another space and try again. If it struggles to lock, it'll struggle to unlock as I found out.

Thanks for all the answers as well, much appreciated. B)

This seems to be a major problem for which i guess Lexus GB will have had plenty of complaints?

There is also some saftey factors involved in this, it wouldn't supprise me if lexus were thinking of diffrent entry/exit mesures for this model

anyway glad you got this sorted out I bet your cousin now has a comprehensive breakdown cover :D

GW

:D :D :D

Well, they (it turned out to be the plain old RAC) turned up after two and a half hours. When he put the van in front of the car, everything was fine :blush: When he moved the van backwards, bingo, nothing working!

We established when you press the button on the door to lock the car it 'speaks' to the fob (watch the red light blink as you do it) as we were trying to rule out dodgy keys or interference. Gave up after 30 mins after disconnecting Battery and back as the car was locking fine.

Went to it this morning and all is fine again, no mobile masts have been built near by as I'd know about it through work, just some intermittent interference. Who knows, will take the car in on Monday to have a once over just in case.

I think interference is becomming worse, since found out my cousin got stranded in Milton Keynes. Paid a breakdown firm £80 to come out, he rolled the car back 10ft and all was fine - 'Happens here all the time mate, that'll be £80'

Good news is been at Legoland with kids all day, knackered and sun burnt but at least I managed to get back into the car :hehe:

As a rule of thumb, if you have any issues trying to lock the car at anytime, move it to another space and try again. If it struggles to lock, it'll struggle to unlock as I found out.

Thanks for all the answers as well, much appreciated. B)

Hi All

As reported yesterday Lexus agreed to replace the transponder system within the car and I collected the car yesterday. The car has worked perfectly all day and no problems at all. The service manager said that he thought there were upgrades to the replacement parts but I guess the only way I shall ever know if there is improvement is by parking in any of the previously dead 'areas' which are both local to me! Will let you know in due course.

The car was returned immaculately valleted but funnily it was not necessary to change the remotes but I guess the car is coded to them rather than the other way, if you know what I mean.

9/10 for the dealers efforts and I even have the Directors personal mobile number! I just hope that I dont need to make that call

Geoff B)

• 5 months later...

Hi guys,

Geoff 6263

What was the outcome of the new transponder system?

I have the same problem with the keyless entry refusing to work from Sunday, whereas it has worked fine for 6 months before that in exactly the same spot.

There seems to be another thread on this issue, but all the comments seem to say that it is an interference issue and nothing can be done.

thanks

Bob

Hi guys,

Geoff 6263

What was the outcome of the new transponder system?

I have the same problem with the keyless entry refusing to work from Sunday, whereas it has worked fine for 6 months before that in exactly the same spot.

There seems to be another thread on this issue, but all the comments seem to say that it is an interference issue and nothing can be done.

thanks

Bob

hi guys good news lexus have a bulletin about not getting into cars with the fob if you P.M me i will send you a picture where to aim your fob and instructions what to do !!!!