Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

To All Rx400h Owner

Think you have missed the point Fidback!

well, then i think i have missed the point to!

can you please explain it to me jaroph?

Ullevi's message explains it well enough

Jaroph,

I wonder who is badly missing the point. I guess it shouldn't be too hard for you to understand we don't really drive the same car.

OK, we both drive a hybrid car, and that's very pleasant. As long as we focus on the hybrid part of the car, there is nothing to argue about, we certainly share the same great experience.

But, according to your geographic location, your have to know your model is sold with more features than ours, for a lower price. European RX400 have no extra equipment you wouldn't be able to order in your country. But oddly, some basic options are missing on european models, like the auto-locking of doors, etc.. that Lexus Europe do not care to handle. (I won't forget it when I buy my next car, but I guess Lexus behaviour won't change as long as a majority of its european customers don't care either. After all, perhaps you're right, we've got what we deserve: less than american guys, but a few guys like Williz and I do not share this point of view)

To conclude, I'm sure you got it, now! However, should it still not be the case, I would be very glad if you don't mind swapping your model with mine, and pay me back the premium on european model... :lol::lol:

We'll agree to differ. My RX400h is actually a European model, bought from Lexus Guildford. I still do not have any complaints - I knew what I was buying when I ordered the car.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jaroph,

I wonder who is badly missing the point. I guess it shouldn't be too hard for you to understand we don't really drive the same car.

OK, we both drive a hybrid car, and that's very pleasant. As long as we focus on the hybrid part of the car, there is nothing to argue about, we certainly share the same great experience.

But, according to your geographic location, your have to know your model is sold with more features than ours, for a lower price. European RX400 have no extra equipment you wouldn't be able to order in your country. But oddly, some basic options are missing on european models, like the auto-locking of doors, etc.. that Lexus Europe do not care to handle. (I won't forget it when I buy my next car, but I guess Lexus behaviour won't change as long as a majority of its european customers don't care either. After all, perhaps you're right, we've got what we deserve: less than american guys, but a few guys like Williz and I do not share this point of view)

To conclude, I'm sure you got it, now! However, should it still not be the case, I would be very glad if you don't mind swapping your model with mine, and pay me back the premium on european model... :lol::lol:

We'll agree to differ. My RX400h is actually a European model, bought from Lexus Guildford. I still do not have any complaints - I knew what I was buying when I ordered the car.

Besides missing points here, Lexus Europe got our points!

We hade very interesting discussions and Lexus were taking our points very serious.

A lot of functions we are missing you will see being addressed during the next 12 month. We agreed not to disclose details here on the internet (our supporters have received detailed information’s on that) but one of the items you will see is the “Home link” you can order now for retrofit and as billygarrett stated will be standard in the European RX from January 2007 on. The iPod interface will follow soon and I am sure over the next year we will see more US like functions in the European version.

Bottom line is that Lexus IS listening to us, there customers.

Europeanizing of a US designed car is not as easy as it may look. Europe is still many countries with different laws and regulations. So for example “double locking” is mandatory in one country and not allowed in others, rules for “daytime running lights” are different as well and in most countries it is forbidden to use the high beams like the US RX models do.

I don’t know how you, Spwolfx and Ullevi do it but I tell a company very loud and clear what I dislike on there products and organisation and very often things are changing.

Many companies understand that meeting customer demand is there success in the future and it seems to me that Lexus is one of these companies willing to listen to there customers.

But maybe you are right and we missed the point…….

sounds like you cant wait for oktober?

question is how the rest of us are getting a new car by then?

williz

Yeah, I know. That's the bad part :(

I can't see them recalling all the cars for upgrades, but maybe. You never know....

Yeah, this time last year I couldn't wait to get my new car in September.

Now I am doing it all again and waiting till October!!!

In the meantime I have to use my wifes pram..the Citroen C3!!

Oh,... and I believe they willl also have 5.1 stereo sound! :)

Billy

and i forgot some thing!

all new models will get "Snow Button" (like the new GS450h) to be able to shutt off "Electronic Traction Control" but i am not shure if this will be alreday in your car when delivered in Oktober.

williz

Sounds promising. Thanks Williz :)

No. I am afraid it isn't in my 2007 model. Maybe January models...:(

Jaroph,

We hade very interesting discussions and Lexus were taking our points very serious.

A lot of functions we are missing you will see being addressed during the next 12 month. We agreed not to disclose details here on the internet (our supporters have received detailed information’s on that) but one of the items you will see is the “Home link” you can order now for retrofit and as billygarrett stated will be standard in the European RX from January 2007 on. The iPod interface will follow soon and I am sure over the next year we will see more US like functions in the European version.

Europeanizing of a US designed car is not as easy as it may look. Europe is still many countries with different laws and regulations. So for example “double locking” is mandatory in one country and not allowed in others, rules for “daytime running lights” are different as well and in most countries it is forbidden to use the high beams like the US RX models do.

I don’t know how you, Spwolfx and Ullevi do it but I tell a company very loud and clear what I dislike on there products and organisation and very often things are changing.

Many companies understand that meeting customer demand is there success in the future and it seems to me that Lexus is one of these companies willing to listen to there customers.

Yes you are. Buying a product and recommending improvements I agree with with. Buying a product having looked at its full specification and then claiming that it is no good because it does not have a feature you later wish it had does not make sense to me. The product is not defective, the decision criteria is. And by the way, those features you listed were always in the plan for the RX's mid life point. Lexus is only doing what they had always planned to do. ;)

Jaroph,

OK, we both drive a hybrid car, and that's very pleasant. As long as we focus on the hybrid part of the car, andthere is nothing to argue about, we certainly share the same great experience.

Yes you are. Buying a product and recommending improvements I agree with with. Buying a product having looked at its full specification and then claiming that it is no good because it does not have a feature you later wish it had does not make sense to me. The product is not defective, the decision criteria is. And by the way, those features you listed were always in the plan for the RX's mid life point. Lexus is only doing what they had always planned to do. ;)

How can you know what we are talking about when we don’t tell you?

Would you not agree that a car should have at least the functions he is advertised with on the official Lexus internet site like in Belgium, France and Luxembourg? And what would you do when you find out it is not? Maybe you should have a look at the European consumer laws and regulations; they will give you some ideas.

How much time do you spend to analyze cars functionality before you sign the purchase contract for it?

Do you trust the dealer’s personal, the official descriptions and internet information sites?

How did you manage to find out what functions are build into the European models compared to other parts of the world when most Lexus Technicians started long discussions about what functions should be build in to our cars based on what European country we are in?

But yes I forgot, you are able to check out hundreds of software functions in a few ours test drive (and some of those can only be accessed by Lexus technicians).

I have to confess that I am not able to do so. And believe it or not I hade no problems like this with my last cars in the same price range (with similar or more functionality). So what is the difference here?

Problem is that I have to buy such high sophisticated cars every two to three years. How will I manage my next decision in order to avoid such mistakes (from my side)?

Could you give me a simple instruction to avoid such troubles in the future and share your secrets with us?

How can you know what we are talking about when we don’t tell you?

Would you not agree that a car should have at least the functions he is advertised with on the official Lexus internet site like in Belgium, France and Luxembourg? And what would you do when you find out it is not? Maybe you should have a look at the European consumer laws and regulations; they will give you some ideas.

How much time do you spend to analyze cars functionality before you sign the purchase contract for it?

Do you trust the dealer’s personal, the official descriptions and internet information sites?

How did you manage to find out what functions are build into the European models compared to other parts of the world when most Lexus Technicians started long discussions about what functions should be build in to our cars based on what European country we are in?

But yes I forgot, you are able to check out hundreds of software functions in a few ours test drive (and some of those can only be accessed by Lexus technicians).

I have to confess that I am not able to do so. And believe it or not I hade no problems like this with my last cars in the same price range (with similar or more functionality). So what is the difference here?

Problem is that I have to buy such high sophisticated cars every two to three years. How will I manage my next decision in order to avoid such mistakes (from my side)?

Could you give me a simple instruction to avoid such troubles in the future and share your secrets with us?

Caveat emptor...

If what they sold you is not what they described then surely you have a case in law.

Good luck with your next car .

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links