Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Renault Laguna Now Has A Broken Window And Absolutely No Stereo.

I had my Renault Laguna at a garage for the annual MOT yesterday. Went to pick it up today, and the car was empty.. Thanks to the guys who stole my sound system, hope you have a good time with it...... It only set me back 2500 quid. They also stole my original 17" Lexus rims with winter-tyres, pluss the original springs. That's just great! ******************** :crybaby:

Surely the garage you had the car MOT's at should be responsible and insured for this.

Yeah I'd have thought the same. Liability Insurance or whatever

Ditto

Wasn't the garage that did it was it? :o

Surely the garage you had the car MOT's at should be responsible and insured for this.

Yeah I'd have thought the same. Liability Insurance or whatever

Ditto

Wasn't the garage that did it was it? :o

I am actually considering the idea. Seems like the thieves had ALOT of time, since the system was mounted rather well.

what did they say when you picked it up :blink:

"We are sorry, we turned the alarm on when we parked it."

How could they have when it was not engaged when I saw the car, and the wires had NOT been cut. I am thinking more and more about the idea that they stole it. Can't believe it! It is not the value that bothers me the most, it is the nerve of those who stole it! Why can't they just leave my stuff alone, I didn't steal anything from them, did I? :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

sounds a bit suspect to me

was the car locked up inside or just left out over night.

if it was looked up, sounds very suspect indeed. is this the normal garage you use?????????

First time I used this garage. They had parked the car outside a petrol station (their neighbour) outside of camera view. How silly is that? I hope they are insured so that I get some money for this! This seriously crippled my Prolex-budget as I had a confirmed buyer on the car WITH the sound-system. Now he deducted 1200 quid of the offer and I was going to use the woofers and one of the amps in my IS 200. This sucks! Thanks for all sympathy!

Very Very suspect if you say the alarm was not engaged when you collected it?

then you could argue that they never even locked it at all

if its any respectable garage they will have a liability insurance (as all registered MOT stations do) you will be able to claim on their insurance (providing they left your car on their property when this happend?)

if they left it on the street you may be fighting from a diffrent angle.

Good Luck and don't let them get away with it

GW

if its any respectable garage they will have a liability insurance (as all registered MOT stations do) you will be able to claim on their insurance (providing they left your car on their property when this happend?)

GW

Thanks! They parked it on their property! I will fight this! Hope they are responsible, Norway is a country where rules vary from day to day! Hope they have a law for this!

worth finding out where you stand legally and what the garages responsibility's are.

and what cover they've got.

As it was park on someone else's land, there probably just say there's nothing they can do as there not covered on other peoples property

wish you the best with this one mate.

Sounds as if it's gonna be hard to get money out of anyone :duh:

GW

Thanks! They parked it on their property! I will fight this! Hope they are responsible, Norway is a country where rules vary from day to day! Hope they have a law for this!

I always thought Norway was fairly crime free ....but the only time I've ever been burgled was when I lived in Kongsberg...oh and when I lived in Lofthouse Gate near Leeds, but I more or less expected that :D . Both times more damage than the value taken...... :angry:

Bad news this mate. Makes you sick don't it?! Nothing worse than a thieving scumbag! :angry:

It makes me feel ill... Doesn't make me feel violent like it does to many others, it just sucks to sit here and be able to do nothing.

Its the world we live in though im affraid! Only one word that can describer others behaviour, 'Greed'

Hi,

Does sound very dodgy :shifty:

If youve left the car with the garage then id say what ever happens to the car is down to them,as soon as you handed the keys over to them they are responsible for it.

For sure id report it to the police.

Hope you get a result with this.

Chips..

That's terrible. Hope it get's sorted one way or other for you, good luck. I would still expect them to get their insurance to cough up, they should have cover for customers cars, even if they state you should go via your insurance.

PS - make sure they get a crime number...

One way or the other they will cough up something! I won't threaten them, but I will pressure them slightly!