Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fto Deserter

sammyh

:D After five years in the Mitsubishi camp I've deserted to become a Lexus owner. They were a great bunch of guys (and gals) in the owner's club who gave me endless help and advice with the pair of GPX FTOs I owned. Finally the wife told me to grow up and get something more sensible.

I did - an IS 200 Sport.

Lovely car and I'm well pleased - not even missing my FTO too much. But I seem to be getting about 22 mpg. Could this be right? Maybe I'm driving too much like my FTOs which need a lot of revs. - 4000 to get the MIVEC to kick in. The car is still very standard, no mods to speak of. Any views appreciated

Other than that I'm enjoying being a Lexus owner.

:D After five years in the Mitsubishi camp I've deserted to become a Lexus owner. They were a great bunch of guys (and gals) in the owner's club who gave me endless help and advice with the pair of GPX FTOs I owned. Finally the wife told me to grow up and get something more sensible.

I did - an IS 200 Sport.

Lovely car and I'm well pleased - not even missing my FTO too much. But I seem to be getting about 22 mpg. Could this be right? Maybe I'm driving too much like my FTOs which need a lot of revs. - 4000 to get the MIVEC to kick in. The car is still very standard, no mods to speak of. Any views appreciated

Hi, welcome to Lexus :D I had GPX Mivec for a short time, very nice cars :D

You can do lots of mods to your lexus, its how far you want to go ?

Hi welcome to the club. Unfortunately 22mpg seems about right for an IS. They need to be driven a little hard in standard form if you want to get any decent acceleration out of them. I'd love to get 22mpg out of my IS nowadays..

Hey there, I just replaced my GPX with an IS200 Sport too!

FTO is a great car but really enjoying being back as a Lexus owner.

Thanks guys - good to be on board. I know how valuable these forums can be. I suppose I will just have to learn to use my right foot a little more delicately!

I did - an IS 200 Sport.

I seem to get 360 miles per tank, almost whatever I do (although admittedly a lot of my driving is on A roads/Motorways), which works out at 28 miles per gallon. I have always been really pleased with the fuel consumption of my IS 200 Sport, particularly after some interesting experiences with a Celica GT Four in the past! Welcome to Lexus ownership!

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links