Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Belkin Router Really Winding Me Up !

Right, I have this Belkin router for a few months now ...... it's the Belkin DSL / CABLE router no built in modem .......

The simple conclusion is ........ it keeps on dropping the connection !!!!!!!!!!

It's intermitent and really annoying ............. I have tried setting each PC with it's own IP but i'm starting to think that it's a common problem with the router ?

Belik website are useless ... and so is the firmware update utility, it tells me to get an update that is older than what's already on there !!!!!!!

ive got the belkin wireless router and it keeps dropping connection also,just got used to it now.

LOL.

Get a proper router... Linksys/Cisco...

What the log say? Sync issue? Idle time reached?

D.

ive got the belkin wireless router and it keeps dropping connection also,just got used to it now.

This is just VERY annoying ......... I can't see how you could get used to it ??

Get a proper router... Linksys/Cisco...

What the log say? Sync issue? Idle time reached?

D.

Dunno, I have just unplugged it now ... and was seconds away from just throwing it out the window !!

My belkin decided it does not want me to visit the bbc weather page...it locks it 8 out of 10 times and i have to reboot it.

The telephone help line is as much use as a fart in a space suit, even if you are lucky enough to get an english speaker.

I got used to it, as it is still a very good distance performer over the other manufacturers. And i am waiting in the hope of a decent firmware fix.

I would say email the problem both to belkin (and to the beeb if it is causing a problem) the more they get complaints then mebe they will pull a finger out.

If not at least it does have a lifetime warranty..... :)

i have always trusted Linksys, very stable and very powerful.

The new generation of their wireless DSL cable routers are realy good and come with a secure automatic connection function.

you press the front of the router and the computer you want connected and it automaticly links the two on an encrypted connection.

The support is fantastic as well, a max of 24 hours before your responded to if there is a problem.

best of all is the price, a wireless cable router will only set you back £45.

Barely worth spending the time calling up the helplines etc

I deal alot with a local Networking company (CDN Networks - www.cdnnetworks.com) and the guys there HATE all the Belkin kit, say its a load of rubbish and very unreliable and swear by Buffalo.

I've had 3 Belkin wireless access points die on me within the last 12 months too; they are very easy to setup however.

Probably not been a great help but I would go with Buffalo (I have had a Buffalo G54 Wireless router since 2003 on NTL Broadband connected via STB and have had no major issues). Have heard that Linksys (now owned by Cisco) are good too, but not had the chance to try them.

Good Luck! :D

I have heard people at work all with belkin have the same problem, and our IT department wont let them near the network. Personally i have never used them but used linksys and had 3 replaced under warrenty as they kept failing on me, I have swithched to a netgear cable wireless router and never had any problems with it.

I would recommend Linksys or Netgear.

I personally use a Cisco router but wouldn't recommend them to the average home user as they are much much more expensive.

Scarface

Have you tried changing the chanel on th router. If not I would def go for netgear all the way. Belkin is rubbish

I used Netgear and currently use Linksys. Never had an issue with either.

I used the live chat facility for the Linksys online support and they helped me fix my setup problem in just a few minutes.

Throw the Belkin in the fishtank mate!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links