Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'm Jumping Ship

IanF

I've finally given up waiting for on the ideal Altezza to turn up - I've put a deposit down on an Accord Type R, picking it up next weekend.

On paper it's relatively similar to the RS200 - just over 200bhp with a VVT engive in a 4 door saloon (albeit FWD rather than RWD).

However it leans much more towards a sporty car, whereas the RS200 is more of a GT type car. The recaro interior of the ATR is fantastic, but I have to admit the dash is a bit ho hum - very functional, without the flair of the Altezza. However FWD means there is loads more room inside.

Externally, it's not ugly by any means - but again doesn't quite have the flair of the RS200.

The VTEC on the Honda is fantastic - when it kicks in the car just snarls. It sounds like a formula one car. In truth it's probably no better than the VVT kick of the RS200, but it sounds 100 times better. As a driver of average skill, I can't tell the difference between FWD and RWD, and to be honest I prefer the safety of knowing I can put my foot down without the risk of ending up heading backwards into a tree.

Some pictures:

atr1.jpg

atr2.jpg

atr3.jpg

atr4.jpg

All the best with this mate

I had a 2.0lvtec Se executive auto, real plush car inside :D

but wasn't sporty enough for me and a bit to big :crybaby:

155hp in a big car like that, struggled on the up take imo, but cruised oh so very well.

keep us informed on any mods :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links