Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Had an RX300 for 9 months now, and was sold on the reliablilty.

Just had my gear box go on my 2002 version after 60,000 miles.

Car out of warranty and cost will be £2000 minimum + VAT + labour (Lexus GB quote).

Not happy.

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::huh::huh::huh::angry::angry::angry:

Had an RX300 for 9 months now, and was sold on the reliablilty.

Just had my gear box go on my 2002 version after 60,000 miles.

Car out of warranty and cost will be £2000 minimum + VAT + labour (Lexus GB quote).

Not happy.

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::huh::huh::huh::angry::angry::angry:

Sorry to here about you problem with you gearbox, i think one was for sale on eBay the other day :)

Thats a shocking price.How many miles had you driven the car, in the 9 months?upto the point it failed did you notice any issues with the transmission,did it feel as if it was deteriorating?im interested as i fear i will be faced with an issue like this soon as i only use AT on all my vehicles.

Thats a shocking price.How many miles had you driven the car, in the 9 months?upto the point it failed did you notice any issues with the transmission,did it feel as if it was deteriorating?im interested as i fear i will be faced with an issue like this soon as i only use AT on all my vehicles.

I have driven the RX about 8000 miles, and to be honest I didnt notice anything deteriorating. There must be some way to tell though.

Auto boxes can be expensive did you have the correct fluid in there? I am sure it would be but its worth noting. These Toyotas are no more reliable than any other vehicle and failures will occur. If this were an enterprising club we would have some contacts in Japan who would be able to surce parts such as gear boxes and get them shipped over here. But then why was the gear box available as a spare part? Would it be faulty as well?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links