Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Air Bag Light

I noticed earlier that the airbag light had come on, on the dash. Its the bottom left light. It stays on for a couple of seconds, then goes off, then on again for a couple of seconds etc etc.

I haven't reset the ecu as I wanted to first find out what has caused it. The Battery on my car had gone dead the other day because the car hadn't really been driven for a while. Could this have caused it?

@Mat.. It wouldn't be to do with the side airbag sensor cancels for the front seats would it?

Thanks

nope tha airbag cancel units are to stop the warning light, there supplied by TRD with the seats

Cheers mate, thats what I thought. I'm just trying to eliminate things to find the problem..

Just had a look in the owners manual and its the SRS warning light

nope tha airbag cancel units are to stop the warning light, there supplied by TRD with the seats

Cheers mate, thats what I thought. I'm just trying to eliminate things to find the problem..

i think it could be the Battery, have you tried resenting the ecu.....

id also check the "cancel units" though maybe one isnt plugged in correct;ly

i think it could be the Battery, have you tried resenting the ecu.....

id also check the "cancel units" though maybe one isnt plugged in correct;ly

Sorted. I've just reset the ECU and whilst doing that just checked under the seats. One of the sensor clips had come undone. Not the cancels but the one that comes off the seat. Not sure how that would've come undone by itself though. I must not have pushed it right in (to click and lock) when I did it.

Anyway seems ok now..

Thanks Mat