Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Do You Aknowledge Other Lexus Drivers?

P38Aaron

Hello.

When I had my Corrado there seemed to be an unwritted rule that you would aknowledge other Corrado/Scirroco drivers by waving or flashing your lights.

With my IS200 I have tried this but with little response.

Do any of you Aknowledge other Lexus drivers?

Having a yes/no vote would be handy but don't know how to do one.

Aaron

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit I passed a bloke in a platinum ice IS who waved at me the other day and i'm afraid I ignored him,

I think it's maybe only people who are in LOC would consider?

GW

Hello.

When I had my Corrado there seemed to be an unwritted rule that you would aknowledge other Corrado/Scirroco drivers by waving or flashing your lights.

With my IS200 I have tried this but with little response.

Do any of you Aknowledge other Lexus drivers?

Having a yes/no vote would be handy but don't know how to do one.

Aaron

my car came to a stop today on the A50 which was quite scary,anyway as it ground other motorists could see that the car was in distress+hazards and an rx300 had pulled up withinin seconds behind me to make sure that i had a phone and to see if everything was ok.very nice chap.hes had his for 6 weeks and it scared him to see a Lex in distress.

only if they've got mods on. (only seen 1 :lol: )

but round where I live Peter would be the only member of the owners club I could wave to :crybaby:

A friend at works got a land rover 90, and suffers from chronic landy hand.

He always waves back at people he doesn't know. It really pi$$e$ him off when he does it :lol::lol:

If only a few more people like that were around

What was the problem?

my car came to a stop today on the A50 which was quite scary,anyway as it ground other motorists could see that the car was in distress+hazards and an rx300 had pulled up withinin seconds behind me to make sure that i had a phone and to see if everything was ok.very nice chap.hes had his for 6 weeks and it scared him to see a Lex in distress.

a lexus broken down !! :o :o :o

hope you took some pics or no one will believe you :lol:

aknowledgment of other lexus is a special look

no great arm waving

no secret leg scratching

its just a look

cant explain it, you either know youve been aknowledged or you drive a toyota :winky:

very silly really.My fuel gauge is broken.The car would start only just ,id apply a bit of throttle and it would cough and stop. As soon as he put the £10 can he had of fuel in, it started perfectly first attempt.i dont know if this has anything to do with the fact that my car is half done as i had to take it from tdi sooner than they would have liked so the mapping is well out.

The fuel is too rich according to the RAC man and he said it was to do with all my mods not being completed.He knew what the camcon and fcon were and explained that without the mapping being done and the fuel mixture being so out that the car is confused with the fueling aspect.he gave me the fault codes

If I'm behind another Lex, I always give them a special sign by driving really close to their bumper, whilst flashing my lights and honking my horn. They usually realise another Lex is saying hello!

If I see another Lex from the front, then I will usually try and clip his wing mirror with my mirror, as if our mirrors are shaking hands!

:shifty: Works every time!

If I'm behind another Lex, I always give them a special sign by driving really close to their bumper, whilst flashing my lights and honking my horn. They usually realise another Lex is saying hello!

If I see another Lex from the front, then I will usually try and clip his wing mirror with my mirror, as if our mirrors are shaking hands!

:shifty: Works every time!

You drive a BMW to then? :lol:

I lt other Lexus drivers out in traffic and that sort of stuff, but as far as flashing goes, I don't want people to think im mad! :D

Nah... i don't do it either as i feel silly when you get a weird look from the other person.... :yahoo:

Corrado dare i say it was a more exclusive club which means you wouldn't see them as often.....

I do notice that "boy racers" are always letting me out into traffic since i got the 'Tezza.... :D

Must admit, my liking for the car has sometimes made me think about waving, but I've never done it. Doesn't seem appropriate somehow, and no-one has done it to me.

Hate to say it in this enthusiastic company, but the IS is just another mass produced, Japanese car. LOC posters may have an affection for it, but to most owners they are simply nice cars.

Motorcyclists have always waved to each other, but I've found only 1 common car has really got the waving going. That's the old Beetle.

IanB :D

Hate to say it in this enthusiastic company, but the IS is just another mass produced, Japanese car.

Ooooh, not a good thing to say out loud round here matey!!!! :lol:

Probably true though :duh: :crybaby:

However the new IS owners may behave differently?

Or owners of any new model for that matter.

I know that when the Yaris T-Sport was first out, my mate used to always "wave/flash/honk" and get waved/flashed/honked back... as it were... (headlights for those who have dirty minds ;))

Same with the Civic Type-R.

D.

if i see another gs300 i wave, despite getting a mixture of responces, either wave back or the V's :)

used to flash the lights in the supra, but by the time the lights had popped up , they were long gone :):)

Steve

I used to wave, but nobody did back, so stopped.

Even got ignored by an LOC member who had the sticker in the back.

(Presume I can still post on here - I still own an SE grill :D )

I do not wave to other BMW owners - theres freeking millions of em :angry:

a lexus broken down !! :o :o :o

hope you took some pics or no one will believe you :lol:

no great arm waving

no secret leg scratching

its just a look

cant explain it, you either know youve been aknowledged or you drive a toyota :winky:

Im with Baza on this, when ever i see a lexus.....i just :D and they do the same back...........

• 3 months later...

no great arm waving

no secret leg scratching

its just a look

yeh i give the look B) :P

my friend has the new Golf Gti and they all seem to wave and flash each other, only the Gti owners though

na i dont wave or flash at other lex drivers,. only cos i dont see any gs300's round these parts :)

used to flash my lights when i had the mk3 supra as they were rare aswell, but by the time the lights had "popped up" the moment had gone , so dont bother now :)

No I can't over here in France Lexus are rare here especially my model :D

People just look at it and have no idea what it is :duh:

Lexus only came into France in late 2001 but the frogs prefer to but the French crap :blush:

Toyota is catching on here the last year and a half, lots of Rav 4 here now