Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Roll On Tomorrow...........

I honestly would not of believed this had it not of happened to me............

I am due to take delivery of my IS220D SE-L tomorrow, currently drive (drove) a SAAB 9-3 Tid 54' plate

On the way to work yesterday the engine gave way BIG time (15,000 miles, FSH - luckily leased!)

Took me from 0630 stood on the hard shoulder Eastbound by Membury to 1145 to get to work in Reading.

During which I was sworn at by the breakdown guy (contracting for the AA via SAAB assist) when telling him I didnt accept going to his garage and wanted to go to SAAB Reading, no SAAB car given as courtesy car - had to have a Chevy (Daewoo) estate(!!!) from Enterprise also had to pay £100 deposit to enterprise (I think SAAB should have covered this as they wouldnt give me a SAAB).

I am a contractor, so every hour I was out of work cost me a tidy sum, NOT impressed.

I pray that IF I do have to call on Lexus assist I dont have to through the same :tsktsk:

Utterly disgusted.

Sounds like an experience we could all hope to avoid in future. Still, you will not likely need to use Lexus asst as the this type of thing is not likely to happen.

Welcoem to LOC :D

I am due to take delivery of my IS220D SE-L tomorrow, currently drive (drove) a SAAB 9-3 Tid 54' plate

On the way to work yesterday the engine gave way BIG time (15,000 miles, FSH - luckily leased!)

Took me from 0630 stood on the hard shoulder Eastbound by Membury to 1145 to get to work in Reading.

During which I was sworn at by the breakdown guy (contracting for the AA via SAAB assist) when telling him I didnt accept going to his garage and wanted to go to SAAB Reading, no SAAB car given as courtesy car - had to have a Chevy (Daewoo) estate(!!!) from Enterprise also had to pay £100 deposit to enterprise (I think SAAB should have covered this as they wouldnt give me a SAAB).

I was hoping for MM as well but it nver happened. Bl00dy efficient lease companies!!!

I am a contractor, so every hour I was out of work cost me a tidy sum, NOT impressed.

I pray that IF I do have to call on Lexus assist I dont have to through the same :tsktsk:

Utterly disgusted.

You won't regret it. I was a proud owner of a trouble free IS200 for 80k miles, then went to SAAB.

Had a 9-3 diseasel, utterly dreadful - everything broke in the first three weeks, had the hire car hassle also (Gold Skoda Fabia Estate anyone??). then got a 2.0t petrol replacement from SAAB, just as bad and pretty much replaced every part in three years.

No I am back in the safe grasp of a Lexus again and I look forward to getting in it everyday - still making excuses to drive it after a month and still marvel at the amount of people who stare/check it out/ask about it wherever I go. I love it :D

Lexus Assist = RAC mostly, so unless there is an extraordinary SLA between RAC and Lexus you will get RAC level service only

Ever since Saab went GM it became GM quality...say no more! Bring back the original 900 APC Turbo anytime...

Your new car will be fantastic, and barring the chance of rattles it should be an enjoyable experience...

I was hoping for MM as well but it nver happened. Bl00dy efficient lease companies!!!

Utterly disgusted.

You won't regret it. I was a proud owner of a trouble free IS200 for 80k miles, then went to SAAB.

Had a 9-3 diseasel, utterly dreadful - everything broke in the first three weeks, had the hire car hassle also (Gold Skoda Fabia Estate anyone??). then got a 2.0t petrol replacement from SAAB, just as bad and pretty much replaced every part in three years.

No I am back in the safe grasp of a Lexus again and I look forward to getting in it everyday - still making excuses to drive it after a month and still marvel at the amount of people who stare/check it out/ask about it wherever I go. I love it :D

Bring on that warm glowing feeling!

:lol:

LOL!

Back in 2002 I was driving an E36 M3, so I'm used to the many pleasures (and scares) that RWD brings along

I remember having a play on a R-O-B once and giving it just that little bit too much accelerator - I regainedd just in time but the face of the guy coming towards me was a picture!

LOL!

Back in 2002 I was driving an E36 M3, so I'm used to the many pleasures (and scares) that RWD brings along

I remember having a play on a R-O-B once and giving it just that little bit too much accelerator - I regainedd just in time but the face of the guy coming towards me was a picture!

:lol::lol:

Lease co. screwed up the delivery (they tried to deliver to my home address instead of work - I work away in Reading M-F) so now have to wait until tmw (Fri) 10am to get hold of my new baby

The wait is killing me

:crybaby:

Well,

my new baby has arrived, though not quite as expected :

Ordered either Slate grey or Black from the lease co., they brought me silver with silver leather! :blink:

(To add insult rto injury they also had a Black one they brought along by mistake, but my insurance was for the reg on the silver)

Though to be honest I couldnt be rsed to argue and quite happy with it, v cool looking car, loads of admirers in the co. car park.

Get to try her out properly on the way back to the West Country this afternoon!

I expect to arrive home feeling far more comfortable than I did with the SAAB

Well,

my new baby has arrived, though not quite as expected :

Ordered either Slate grey or Black from the lease co., they brought me silver with silver leather! :blink:

(To add insult rto injury they also had a Black one they brought along by mistake, but my insurance was for the reg on the silver)

Though to be honest I couldnt be rsed to argue and quite happy with it, v cool looking car, loads of admirers in the co. car park.

Get to try her out properly on the way back to the West Country this afternoon!

I expect to arrive home feeling far more comfortable than I did with the SAAB

Silver leather ???

Think yourself lucky.

I ordered a IS250 SEL Auto in Black with Pembroke interior back in March. Delivery due this month.

I found out today the delivery is to be put back to mid August. The dealer has apologiesed as the delay is out of thier control. So they are prepared to hold the car for two weeks to get the benefit of the reg change in September. 12 more weeks of torture driving a F@~king Diesel Ford Connect Van.

The wait is torture but pleasure will be overwhelming come 2nd Sept.

Utterly disgusted.

Think yourself lucky.

I ordered a IS250 SEL Auto in Black with Pembroke interior back in March. Delivery due this month.

I found out today the delivery is to be put back to mid August. The dealer has apologiesed as the delay is out of thier control. So they are prepared to hold the car for two weeks to get the benefit of the reg change in September. 12 more weeks of torture driving a F@~king Diesel Ford Connect Van.

The wait is torture but pleasure will be overwhelming come 2nd Sept.

Utterly disgusted.

Will do.

Sold my Black IS200 Sport back to the dealer to avoid the book price falls before delivery of the new one on the pretence of getting delivery quite soon. Only slighly disapointed at the delay. Not the dealers fault. Damm yankees buying up all the autos.

The MM blew me away when i tested the new IS, it was a must have for the new one.

Any disk formatts it wont play?

From here to................

Monkies! The black ones look sweet to! :)

Be sure to let us know what you think!