Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rs200 From At To Mt?

robthompsone

Wouldn't you need to change the ECU too? But then it would be the wrong ECU for the engine... Sorry dunno - praps I should shut up and let someone who knows more answer...

Hey guys,

I am thinking about purchasing a RS200 AT and convertong it to MT. Will I be able to get the gear out of an IS200?

Yes but you'll have your work cut out fitting it to an RS200

Also What type of engine and box are in the AS200?

AS200 is the same straight-six 2.0L 1G-FE engine as the IS200. The RS200 is the four pot 2.0L 3S-GE engine.

See here:

AS/RS200 specs

I have the Electronic Parts Catalog and there is definitely a difference between the AT and MT engines...

Some differences on the cam and valve components.

Would suggest engine-ecu and gearbox change if going for the manual...

...Did also read somewhere that the manuals are more prone to failing emissions regs....

Hope this helps...

I have the Electronic Parts Catalog and there is definitely a difference between the AT and MT engines...

Some differences on the cam and valve components.

Would suggest engine-ecu and gearbox change if going for the manual...

...Did also read somewhere that the manuals are more prone to failing emissions regs....

Hope this helps...

Do you not think it is possible so?

Well i'm sure i read on some forum that it is possible... but you are never going to make it as good as an original Manual as that engine is designed to rev higher than the Auto.....

Don't buy the Auto , buy an original Manual........ personally i wouldn't butcher my car as i love my tiptronic :D

Hey guys,

I am thinking about purchasing a RS200 AT and convertong it to MT. Will I be able to get the gear out of an IS200?

My car just gone in to garage to do the MT convertion, you need to change the whole wiring loom of the car as there is a lot of electric componet are different such as ECU, dash board..... The gearbox housing of RS200 and the IS200 are also different, also need to take out the engine to fit the clutch box as the engine is block the space to fit the clutch padal.

Therefore after all that, I decide to change the whole car bush to TRD incude engine mount, steer rod bush and gearbox mount..... also bought a TRD instrument to replace the AT one as all the light on the instrument are different, manifold are also different, after decide to do the convertion I found out there are lots and lots of parts you need to replace.

I can update some information if you need do but the engineer have told me it will take between 2 1/2 to 3 weeks to do the jobs.

Well i'm sure i read on some forum that it is possible... but you are never going to make it as good as an original Manual as that engine is designed to rev higher than the Auto.....

Don't buy the Auto , buy an original Manual........ personally i wouldn't butcher my car as i love my tiptronic :D

Yeah but tiptronic only goes in straight lines, I love my sideways

Hey guys,

My car just gone in to garage to do the MT convertion, you need to change the whole wiring loom of the car as there is a lot of electric componet are different such as ECU, dash board..... The gearbox housing of RS200 and the IS200 are also different, also need to take out the engine to fit the clutch box as the engine is block the space to fit the clutch padal.

Therefore after all that, I decide to change the whole car bush to TRD incude engine mount, steer rod bush and gearbox mount..... also bought a TRD instrument to replace the AT one as all the light on the instrument are different, manifold are also different, after decide to do the convertion I found out there are lots and lots of parts you need to replace.

I can update some information if you need do but the engineer have told me it will take between 2 1/2 to 3 weeks to do the jobs.

Is this exactly what I need to do so? Thanks for you help!!

There are loads of "manual" altezza's for sale in Ireland, different in Britian where it seems most are an Auto.....

Factor in the cost of the conversion on top of the purchase price and explain why you don't just buy a Manual in the first place????????

BTW ..... I have no problem getting the car sideways ..... :winky: