Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another Is200 Owner

farmer

I thought it was time that I joined the enormous fountain of knowledge that is the owners club. :D

If got a Platinum Ice IS200 Sport. Not much done from standard at the mo', but there are many plans (money required please :D ), so far a set of 19" Dare Hiro alloys and I've painted the calipers. Oh, and a lot of polish!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having seen some of the other motors on here I now have a wish list as long as my arm!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Paul.

Alspics001.jpg

Alspics002.jpg

Welcome to LOC.... :D

Great choice of wheels... :)...... only thing why did you not put on 225's instead off those 215's?

Because the shop told me to......... :D I believe what they tell me. :blush:

Very nice.. Welcome to LOC :D

First mod. Lower the car :winky:

What offset are your wheels?

As far as i know they are a +32 offset (just reading one of the boxes) :winky:

I have got plans to lower it, I just need some money.

Is that not the wrong offset??

I only ask because in the picture it looks like the wheels are sticking out from the arches? It might just be the angle of the pic.

I think it's wrong too and they will rub for sure if you try and lower it.............. :blink:

I only ask because in the picture it looks like the wheels are sticking out from the arches? It might just be the angle of the pic.

I just had the wheels fitted that the shop said fit. its not the angle of the pic they do stick out past the arches.

and they rubbed , so i had to get the arches cut , so i am a bit worried if i drop it , it will rub again

I think it's wrong too and they will rub for sure if you try and lower it.............. :blink:

you could be right they could have fitted the wrong off set. that is my worry if i drop it , it will rub cause i had to have arches cut all ready cause they rubbed .

i also park so far away from curb you need a taxi to it cause i dont want to curb them the lip has no tyre covering it at all they are streatched to the limit :duh:

I just had the wheels fitted that the shop said fit. its not the angle of the pic they do stick out past the arches.

and they rubbed , so i had to get the arches cut , so i am a bit worried if i drop it , it will rub again

I think they will rub again when lowered then mate. The shop have mislead you then by the sounds of it as they are the wrong offset. I think the offset for the IS is 40 - 45. No lower than 40

I think they will rub again when lowered then mate. The shop have mislead you then by the sounds of it as they are the wrong offset. I think the offset for the IS is 40 - 45. No lower than 40

Cheers mate i will have to in and have a word cause its no good if i cant drop it :hehe:

I got the same problem as you farmer, (although I bought my car like that), I have 19" with 225/35 tyres.

The wheels are too wide and/or wrong offset, don't look too bad but the 225 tyres are really too narrow for the wheels - should have 235's I reckon as no rim protection at all. But I think I would have problems with rubbing if I put on any wider tyres.

The guy I bought it off had the rear arches rolled as they rubbed when people sitting in the back, I have no rubbing on full lock or anything but if I hit a dip say at the bottom of a hill where it starts to go up again I can hear a brief rub from the front wheels on something.).

Question for anyone - doesn't the "correct" offset differ with different size (width) wheels? i.e. if you were comparing 7" wide wheels with 8.5" wide wheels - would the "correct" offset be the same?

Nice looking ride mate :D

But you'll need rims with a big offset (like 45 - 50) if you're planning on lowering any further. I'm on 18" TTE Chicanes with a 50 offset, lowered 75mm front & rear.

I will have to check them on the off set they gave me , Could it be because the wheels are 8 and halfs by 19s , does that make a differnce. :huh:

Your motor must be slammed . bet it handles well.

I got the same problem as you farmer, (although I bought my car like that), I have 19" with 225/35 tyres.

The wheels are too wide and/or wrong offset, don't look too bad but the 225 tyres are really too narrow for the wheels - should have 235's I reckon as no rim protection at all. But I think I would have problems with rubbing if I put on any wider tyres.

The guy I bought it off had the rear arches rolled as they rubbed when people sitting in the back, I have no rubbing on full lock or anything but if I hit a dip say at the bottom of a hill where it starts to go up again I can hear a brief rub from the front wheels on something.).

Question for anyone - doesn't the "correct" offset differ with different size (width) wheels? i.e. if you were comparing 7" wide wheels with 8.5" wide wheels - would the "correct" offset be the same?

I was just asking the same question about the wheel width,

Your motor is looking sweet have you not had it for long because i am sure i see it on e-bay or some where drivin may be a little while back . or one very simular cause i remember liking the back fog lights , a suttle but nice touch. nice rims to . :D

Your motor is looking sweet have you not had it for long because i am sure i see it on e-bay or some where drivin may be a little while back . or one very simular cause i remember liking the back fog lights , a suttle but nice touch. nice rims to . :D

Yeah, just bought it recently, as you see it. It was advertised on eBay for a while so you prob saw it there. I have seen those crystal clear foglight lenses on eBay if you are looking for some, do search for "lexus is200 crystal fog light". The red bulbs I have in them give a crap light output tho - I got an "advisory" for them on the MOT!

I think I have 19x8.5 wheels too, so prob the same offset as yours as it sounds like we both have the same issues.

Actually, just seen you from southampton - my GF lives in southampton so you could well have seen me about there too. If I spot you i'll give you a wave!

Yeah, just bought it recently, as you see it. It was advertised on eBay for a while so you prob saw it there. I have seen those crystal clear foglight lenses on eBay if you are looking for some, do search for "lexus is200 crystal fog light". The red bulbs I have in them give a crap light output tho - I got an "advisory" for them on the MOT!

I think I have 19x8.5 wheels too, so prob the same offset as yours as it sounds like we both have the same issues.

Actually, just seen you from southampton - my GF lives in southampton so you could well have seen me about there too. If I spot you i'll give you a wave!

Your right i def saw it on e-bay, cheers for warning about fog lights . dont matter about advisory on MOT as long it passed cause they look good and thats all that counts . take it easy . B)

• 3 weeks later...
very nice car mate! wish i had the dosh and went for the 19's now. But i didn't so had to settle for 17's. well it's better than nothing i guess. :whistling:

Yeah its nice just to change them from standard to make you stand out . i just fitted sports grill as well now its only a suttle change but it still looks sweet well pleased

:D