Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Performance Issue

:D Hi all,

I had an issue with performance on my IS200 Sport. I checked everything and though it might be the MAP sensor. anyway after some advise on the forum I got the car hooked up to a computer to check for any faults at Lexus. They advised me all is ok. They then checked the ait intake, which was dirty. The air filter was clean. The chap then advised me to get some carb/intake cleaner and give it a good clean, while the car is turned off several times. He also advised me to get some injector cleaner and tip it into a nearly empty tank and then fill up full and drive. I did this and boy what a difference, I noticed the change in performance straight away after I cleaned :lol: the air intake and drove the car. The Injector cleaner will do its magic while I drive. This will eliminate the carbon build up and inject the fuel evenly in the piston to burn. What a result, hence I though i'll pass this on to other LOC members. All the best. :lol:

Can you clarify what you actually did for cleaning the air intake??

did you take out the airfilter and spray some cleaner into intake? while engine off? what product did you use?

i took a brush to mine at the weekend it was very dirty i found a wasp in there :ohmy: wings and all, musta got a clean run through the grill LOL

Dino

Which injector cleaner did you use?

I had an issue with performance on my IS200 Sport. I checked everything and though it might be the MAP sensor. anyway after some advise on the forum I got the car hooked up to a computer to check for any faults at Lexus. They advised me all is ok. They then checked the ait intake, which was dirty. The air filter was clean. The chap then advised me to get some carb/intake cleaner and give it a good clean, while the car is turned off several times. He also advised me to get some injector cleaner and tip it into a nearly empty tank and then fill up full and drive. I did this and boy what a difference, I noticed the change in performance straight away after I cleaned :lol: the air intake and drove the car. The Injector cleaner will do its magic while I drive. This will eliminate the carbon build up and inject the fuel evenly in the piston to burn. What a result, hence I though i'll pass this on to other LOC members. All the best. :lol:

can someone pls clarify the procedure for using the intake cleaner?

Which position in the intake do I spray (behind the filter?)? Do I spray it with engine on? or engine off?

You got to take your airbox off, the stuff you use is carb cleaner, where your air intake is, there is a flap (metal)you clean that, and inside, you can make the flap open with your finger, inside you will find another flap, do the same with that one too :D

Hope this helps you :D

I think what you need to do is,

under the bonnet on the top of the engine in the middle is the large air box with the Lexus logo on you can undo a clip just in front of this logo and a clip at the back (in line with the front one).

The plastic rectangle with the logo on will now pull upward with the air filter in, the intake can be seen on the right hand side inside the large plastic airflow box.

This is the metal flap parts spoke about above, but you will possibly need to undo some screws/bolts and remove the whole large plastic box to enable full access to the flaps as you may not be able to get your hands in the slot created from removing the air filter well enough to clean it.

does cleaning these flaps really make that much difference?

Dino

Which injector cleaner did you use?

I used Redex petrol injector cleaner.

Can you clarify what you actually did for cleaning the air intake??

did you take out the airfilter and spray some cleaner into intake? while engine off? what product did you use?

I took of the whole air filter leaving the air intake exposed approx 6 screws to undo. I then sprayed the cleaner and wiped with a cloth several times. I then pushed the butterfly in and sprayed/cleaned several times again. Refitted the aire intake(all the black plactic stuff). I turned the car on, it will take a couple of secs to start as the cleaner is still doing its job in the system. Once the car started i drove it until it was fully hot. I then reset the ECU and noticed the difference in the throttle response. Very pleased car picks up quiker and is more responsive. Finally I placed Redex petrol injector cleaner into an empty tank and filled it up. This will get rid of the carbon build up on the ejectors, which will inturn spray petrol evenly to burn.

can someone pls clarify the procedure for using the intake cleaner?

Which position in the intake do I spray (behind the filter?)? Do I spray it with engine on? or engine off?

Please check my reply on this post. I took off the air filter (black plactic approx 6 screws) and then sprayed the opening/butterfly. Please make sure the engine is off.

how do you reset the ECU

Got the Redex now which Air filter/carb cleaner do i go for and is halfords stuff ok

You can use any carb/air intake cleaner. There are two ways to reset the ECU.

1. Disconnect the Battery (you will loose the radio presets)

2. Near the accelerator there is a kick panel. Take it off, turn it around and you will see a display of what fuse is for what. The ECU fuse is 10AMP. Use the fuse remover which is under the bonnet next to the Battery to remove it. Wait for approx 30 secs and replace it. DONE.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep i tried it also when this topic was first posted a few weeks back and there is a deffinate diffrence

I bought mine from Halfords for 4.99 and i can feel the difference and havent even added the redex yet

• 1 year later...