Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clutch Cable

GWilso

Hi guys some of you may have seen I recently posted topics about fighting with second gear on occasions? and some have said possibly linked to the clutch on its way out

Now just recenlty (yesturday) when change gear I can hear the movment of the clutch cable is this just a case of needing greasing or..............?

Unfortunatly I can't just go and get a new clutch under warrenty (non Lexus) as they won't replace anything if it's not broken :angry:

oh and the warrenty runs out in 2months so if any of you drive past a tall angry bloke stamping up and down on the clutch of a green IS200 oustide a mechanical garage then don't worry only me :P

Although it probably would be less hassle to renew the warrenty :D

Many Thanks

Mine is also a bit creaky as is a few others that i test drove, seems to be an IS200 thing.

When stationary i can hear a kind of rattling sound, when i push the clutch pedal it stops...this was diagnosed a while ago by 'CHIPS' as something like a bearing, nothing to really worry about.

Something that gets replaced when the clutch is changed.

A few people have this issue with there clutch.

Still don't know about the gear change thing...

Mine is also a bit creaky as is a few others that i test drove, seems to be an IS200 thing.

When stationary i can hear a kind of rattling sound, when i push the clutch pedal it stops...this was diagnosed a while ago by 'CHIPS' as something like a bearing, nothing to really worry about.

Something that gets replaced when the clutch is changed.

A few people have this issue with there clutch.

Still don't know about the gear change thing...

i get exactly the same symptoms, took it to my local garage a couple of weeks back and they said the same, that its nothing to worry about.

only happens occasionally though.