Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Spark Plugs, When Do They Need Changing?

Leeky

Hey guys, my car has just hit 67k miles and i was wondering if its about time i got new sparks?

Whats the life on the stock ones and should i go Iridiums or just Platinum?

Cheers

:)

Hi,

The Spark plugs are a job on my list to change in the near future on my car,im not sure as to the service interval though.

:excl: The coil packs are very fragile if they`ve been on the car for a long time and are easy to damage.

There about £85 each :o and theres one for each sparkplug.Thats why ive left the job for now.

Theres a guy on another forum im on whos just repaired his coil packs as they were cracked,so there is another option rather than replace them with new ones if there not to badly damaged.

Hope thats some help to you.

Chips..

I think they're Platinums as standard, and should be changed every 60k IIRC.

You can now get Iridiums for around £40 for 6, so I'd go for them (and will be ordering some early next week)

Denso IK22's if your BPU, IK24's if more

NGK also do Iridiums

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links