Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bad Handling Is250 Sport

Martin UK

Hi all.

Has anyone else got issuses with the handling of thier is 250 sport / se

my car understeers really badly especially in the rain but in the dry as well it also seems to bounce aroud on the road when whizzing down the out side lane of the motorway so much so that it makes me slow down.

I have had 4 IS200 sports and 2 RX300's but none have been like this to drive i have also had loaners from the dealer but not sports so i cant make a direct comparison.

i have to add at this point i have still got my old 200 sport scarlatti red aero kit and on a timed run down a country lane the 200 is much quicker.

i begining to wonder if the car was worth the 30 grand it cost and i would have been better off with a BMW.

I am really dissapointed in this car and i waited 11 months for delivery.

I would apprieciate the thought of others.

Martin

the dealer says there is nothing wrong with the car.

but im sure the car should not be so nervous.

i have had the precrash system cut in before now just entering a roundabout a bit quick a corner i can attack in my 200 sport a good 10 mph faster.....

BMW :o what are you thinking

Hi all.

my car understeers really badly especially in the rain but in the dry as well it also seems to bounce aroud on the road when whizzing down the out side lane of the motorway so much so that it makes me slow down.

I have had 4 IS200 sports and 2 RX300's but none have been like this to drive i have also had loaners from the dealer but not sports so i cant make a direct comparison.

i have to add at this point i have still got my old 200 sport scarlatti red aero kit and on a timed run down a country lane the 200 is much quicker.

i begining to wonder if the car was worth the 30 grand it cost and i would have been better off with a BMW.

Martin

BMW yes thats how dissapointed i am i have been a lexus customer 7 years.

the story so far.

car is delivered with a free car kit that dont work.

car is returned to have the kit fixed

i get the car back the kit works now the dash squeaks

car back in dealers they smash the sat nav screen fixin the squeak

car back in the dealers for new satnav screen they leave screwdriver dents in the trim all down the center console, front of the stereo, sratches in the paint on the passenger door frame and a big sratch can you believe in the interior light fitting.

the car goes back to the dealer again to have a new interior fitted the door frame painted and all the other bits fixed.

get car back.......

oh my now the voice system does not work.

and now the drivers seat squeaks not sure i wanna take it in to get it fixed

Yes i have had enough i want me money back and a BMW

Sounds like youv'e had a hell of a time :o seems like school boy errors at the lexus garage though maybe you could try using a diffrent branch?

A friend of mine went from a Altezza (imported) to the new 3 series and was so dissapointed with the catalogue of errors (missfirering dogy electricals the real friday adfternoon car)

That he is almost doubling his repayments so he can go back to buying a new Lexus IS250 hopefully he won't have the same probs as you & vise versa

Sorry don't want to put you off in anyway it may be he just had the rougue end of line beemer

Good Luck with that.

BMW yes thats how dissapointed i am i have been a lexus customer 7 years.

the story so far.

car is delivered with a free car kit that dont work.

car is returned to have the kit fixed

i get the car back the kit works now the dash squeaks

car back in dealers they smash the sat nav screen fixin the squeak

car back in the dealers for new satnav screen they leave screwdriver dents in the trim all down the center console, front of the stereo, sratches in the paint on the passenger door frame and a big sratch can you believe in the interior light fitting.

the car goes back to the dealer again to have a new interior fitted the door frame painted and all the other bits fixed.

get car back.......

oh my now the voice system does not work.

and now the drivers seat squeaks not sure i wanna take it in to get it fixed

Yes i have had enough i want me money back and a BMW

:huh::mellow:

Firstly - I reduced the tyre pressures on my SE to 36f and 39r, it was 39 and 44. That improved things a lot. I know what you say when you say bouncing, and if you run the car at the lower end of the allowed PSI you'll find it improves. Don't lower it too much else your tyres and fuel economy will suffer.

Secondly - your dealer seem very poor. Try another one and complain to Lexus GB. Other say that Lexus Woodford are brilliant and won't be a kazillion miles from you. I have no experience of them so can't say.

Thirdly - drive a new 3 series with the 17/18" wheels on it. The ride is dreadful, very fidgity and "knobbly", though it corners very very well. The Run flats are really bad for ride quality, but it does not "bounce" at speed, that's the only thing in it's favour.

If you put driveability over quality and VFM then the BMW would shade the Lexus, very slightly, but Value For Money is wher the Lex stands up head and shoulders...

It's all academic - unless you partex your Lex for a Beemer and lose a packet load you won't be able to get your cash back. Believe me, I tried harder than most, and failed.

The only thing that I would do IS NOT FALL OUT with your dealer. I nearly did, and that makes you feel very lonely!!!!

Best of luck buddy and keep us informed...

the dealer says there is nothing wrong with the car.

but im sure the car should not be so nervous.

i have had the precrash system cut in before now just entering a roundabout a bit quick a corner i can attack in my 200 sport a good 10 mph faster.....

Martin your email to me is Digital and i cannot reply to that... i have sent you a pm and you have not replied to that?.... the symptoms you describe are typical toward the geometry of the Lexus so not as desperate as they seem... Have the Geometry measured then submit the bill back to the Dealer...

:huh::mellow:

Firstly - I reduced the tyre pressures on my SE to 36f and 39r, it was 39 and 44. That improved things a lot. I know what you say when you say bouncing, and if you run the car at the lower end of the allowed PSI you'll find it improves. Don't lower it too much else your tyres and fuel economy will suffer.

Secondly - your dealer seem very poor. Try another one and complain to Lexus GB. Other say that Lexus Woodford are brilliant and won't be a kazillion miles from you. I have no experience of them so can't say.

Thirdly - drive a new 3 series with the 17/18" wheels on it. The ride is dreadful, very fidgity and "knobbly", though it corners very very well. The Run flats are really bad for ride quality, but it does not "bounce" at speed, that's the only thing in it's favour.

If you put driveability over quality and VFM then the BMW would shade the Lexus, very slightly, but Value For Money is wher the Lex stands up head and shoulders...

It's all academic - unless you partex your Lex for a Beemer and lose a packet load you won't be able to get your cash back. Believe me, I tried harder than most, and failed.

The only thing that I would do IS NOT FALL OUT with your dealer. I nearly did, and that makes you feel very lonely!!!!

Best of luck buddy and keep us informed...

Just to let you know that the DEALER IS THE ONE MENTIONED ABOVE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

and when i get the chance i will have a tweak about with the tyre pressures as i have discovered its much better 4UP

Hi all.

Martin

Now I've had mine for 6 months I'm also beginning to wonder if I made the right choice. I've still got the IS200 and it's still more fun to drive than the IS250. It's a lovely car and the build quality is second to none but it's lacking an indefineable something. I've driven the 350 and that has what the 250 is possibly lacking, the extra oomph. I keep looking at M3's and wondering.... :blink: have I made the right choice????

Now I've had mine for 6 months I'm also beginning to wonder if I made the right choice. I've still got the IS200 and it's still more fun to drive than the IS250. It's a lovely car and the build quality is second to none but it's lacking an indefineable something. I've driven the 350 and that has what the 250 is possibly lacking, the extra oomph. I keep looking at M3's and wondering.... :blink: have I made the right choice????

I know exactly what your trying to get at it does lack something but it's not just about the extra power im sure that nasty electric steering has a large amount to do with it.

the car totally lacks feel and excitement thats more what it's about than anything i can point a finger at.

and i have driven a few m3's and im not sure they are worth the 40 odd k they ask for one.

if i had the chance again it's a Noble M400 for me next time.......

i am a gold member but me logo does not appear

Just have to get a 'week-end' car to work out on and take on track days. Made up my mind the 250 is an old mans car...and as I'm probably classed as one I don't apologise for saying that. It practically drives itself with auto everything, reversing camera and tilting mirrors.

Baby boomer