Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

I just purchased GS300 Sport MK1 and noticed that on some occassions the OD light flashes for a while then stops for a good period then starts later again. I was wondering if anyone had this problem? Also is it difficult to change the transmission oil? or top it up?

Hi,

When the O/D lights up and goes out etc Does the gearbox change down or up a gear when it does it?

Does the O/D light flash always at the same speed your driving at or Randomly?

Does it flash when your driving along a rough road surface?

Does the gearbox seem to work (shift up/down) ok,other than the O/D light flash

The problem could be a poor/dirty electrical connection on the wiring coming/going to the Auto gearbox causing the O/D to flash.

or it could be low gearbox oil level or tired fluid not making/keeping the pressure.

Im not sure with the GS,but most auto Gearboxs have a oil filter that could need changing,could be partly blocked and giving low pressure.

Or worst of all the clutches are wearing out.

Id start with changing the Auto gearbox fluid and if theres a oil filter in the box id change that at the same time as the fluid and also check all the electrical connections going to the Auto gearbox well your under the car.

:excl: The autobox fluid colour should be RED in colour,if its brown then it wants changing for sure.

:excl: Only replace the autobox fluid with the Lexus/Toyota stuff from the dealers :winky:

Ive read stories that aftermarket brands is different and when mixed with the dealer stuff it sort of clots up :excl:

Just the fluid change is quite a easy job,to change the gearbox filter the gearbox sump as to be removed,get a replacement gasket for it well your down the dealers getting the oil.

Hope thats of some help.

Chips..

Hi,

Thanks for the speedy reply! Thats great info and help!!!

The gear box seems to change ok. The light seems to flash at different speeds, and sometims it doesnt flash at all. I actually havent checked the gearbox oil color yet as I just got the car delivered yesterday and first time driving it was today. So I'll have a check tonight or tomorrow so see the level and color. When I press the OD button it changes down fine and then changes up ok when I switch OD off. Is the electric connector easy to clean and find??

Many thanks for your help!!

Thanks! That is an interesting read. I checked the transmission oil today its a bit brown looking. Can you tell me where the electric connector is that needs to be cleaned? The one you suggested below.

The problem could be a poor/dirty electrical connection on the wiring coming/going to the Auto gearbox causing the O/D to flash.

Ive not done any work on my gearbox so i can only speak generally,there should be a electrical wiring loom going to the gearbox with plug connectors.Over time the connections get corroded and reduced voltage passes through causing miss readings/faults reported back to ECU.

Its just a case of jacking the car up and following the wires to the plugs.

Someone else might have more details of where the loom/plugs are?

Hope thats of some help.

Chips..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links