Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boot Bangs Open

did the car have a spoiler on it before you purchased it?it may be the spring that they fit for the spoiler.My boot just clicks open,doesnt even rise slightly so it seems we have similar but different problems.I think you could ask lexus to try another spring.

Hi All.

I own a Lexus IS200 SE 05 plate, and when i open the boot, it bangs of the hinges.

Is it ment to open this fast, or is there some kind of spring to prevent this. I used to own a 51 Plate SE and didnt have this problem

Cheers

Same year same problem and I have factory-fitted spoiler. I gaffer-taped a bag of cement just behind the spoiler - recent rain just started to harden it off!

Hi All.

I own a Lexus IS200 SE 05 plate, and when i open the boot, it bangs of the hinges.

Is it ment to open this fast, or is there some kind of spring to prevent this. I used to own a 51 Plate SE and didnt have this problem

Cheers

Same year same problem and I have factory-fitted spoiler. I gaffer-taped a bag of cement just behind the spoiler - recent rain just started to harden it off!

why would u gaffer tape cement to a boot lid?? :o :blink:

Hi All.

Cheers

why would u gaffer tape cement to a boot lid?? :o :blink:

surely if it was gaffer taped just behind the rear spoiler it would be in mid air :o :o :o