Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bluetooth In Our Newish Rx300

Hi Everyone,

Took delivery last week of a 'mint' 23k miler RX300 from Lexus Oxford.... So far we are very impressed.

No lurching from the gearbox, all in all a much better ride than our previous Merc...

One problem though which I cannot get sorted... The previous owner left a Bluetooth mobile phone kit installed in the Lexus, ie the little plus and minus rocker switch which rings out when pressed. The speaker and microphone etc... my current mobile phone is fitted with the Bluetooth facility (Nokia 63101)

There is no way however that I can marry them up to work together.. Made contact with Lexus UK, Bluetooth and Nokia and they all tell me to ring the other people for information.

Doe anyone out there use Bluetooth who could guide me ... Been all through the 'phone menu and turned Bluetooth on etc.

Having a Brink detachable tow bar fitted with electrics (new 7 point relay) at Motabars in Leamington Spa next Thursday. Will leave a posting on the site confirming how we went on etc..

regards Robroy.

what brand is the bluetooth mobile phone kit?

Hi Williz

I've really no idea of the brand of the Bluetooth kit.... The kit installed in the RX300 consists of a microphone protruding between the sun visors. A speaker in the passenger footwell and a small 'rocker type switch affair with a plus and minus sign illustrated.. When the ignition is on the kit can be made to ring

when either the plus or minus side of the rocker is pressed...

The are little sketches of a 'phone hand set on this rocker which are illuminated 'blue' when the ignition is on.

The bottom sketch of the handset has a 'line' through it...

Best I can do I'm afraid. Never had Bluetooth before.

Does it mean anyting to you ?

Best regards Roy

what brand is the bluetooth mobile phone kit?

Hi Williz

I've really no idea of the brand of the Bluetooth kit.... The kit installed in the RX300 consists of a microphone protruding between the sun visors. A speaker in the passenger footwell and a small 'rocker type switch affair with a plus and minus sign illustrated.. When the ignition is on the kit can be made to ring

when either the plus or minus side of the rocker is pressed...

The are little sketches of a 'phone hand set on this rocker which are illuminated 'blue' when the ignition is on.

The bottom sketch of the handset has a 'line' through it...

Best I can do I'm afraid. Never had Bluetooth before.

Does it mean anyting to you ?

Best regards Roy

sounds like sony ericsson HCB 30.

i will make a picture of the HCB 30 and will post it here, if it is a HCB 30 i can give you detailed instructions how to "bond" your handset with the Bluetooth car hands free.

lets keep fingers crossed!

hope it looks like these?

163610680_f2348ba341.jpg

Thanks Williz

Right first time. Your picture is exactly what I have in the RX.... How do I make it work?

Any ideas?

Roy

first congratulations, this is a good one. supports voice dial if your handset is supporting it and the voice quality is good as well. i would give a lot if the hands free system in the RX400h would be that good.

are you familiar with the bonding (conecting your nokia with another Bluetooth device) process of your nokia handset?

i will send you a description how the HCB30 works. is very simple you will see.

i will be back on the internet in about 2 hours.

163610680_f2348ba341.jpg

Thanks Williz

Right first time. Your picture is exactly what I have in the RX.... How do I make it work?

Any ideas?

Roy

first congratulations, this is a good one. supports voice dial if your handset is supporting it and the voice quality is good as well. i would give a lot if the hands free system in the RX400h would be that good.

are you familiar with the bonding (conecting your nokia with another Bluetooth device) process of your nokia handset?

163610680_f2348ba341.jpg

Thanks Williz

Any ideas?

Roy

Williz,

I really do appreciate your help with this.. and thank you once again for giving me your time. My Nokia phone is not voice enabled or even fitted with a camera... Just a basic 2/3 years old Nokia.. I am interested in gadgets (probably like your goodself) and I would feel really good if I can make this work... By the way we pull a German 5.4 Tabbert caravan and we have been to Salzburg and Mayrhofan touring

in your lovely country.... My wife Jean, says to ask you can you get any tickets for he Vienna Christmas Choir Concert ?? (I think I know the answer to that one)

regards Roy

Williz,

I really do appreciate your help with this.. and thank you once again for giving me your time. My Nokia phone is not voice enabled or even fitted with a camera... Just a basic 2/3 years old Nokia.. I am interested in gadgets (probably like your goodself) and I would feel really good if I can make this work... By the way we pull a German 5.4 Tabbert caravan and we have been to Salzburg and Mayrhofan touring

in your lovely country.... My wife Jean, says to ask you can you get any tickets for he Vienna Christmas Choir Concert ?? (I think I know the answer to that one)

regards Roy

1.) i need some more details about the vienna christmas chor concert (place, date, time, how many persons, price range) and than we can investigate (you are now a member of the lexus owners family!)

2.) if i got you right, your phone is a NOKIA 6310i? if this is so than your phone supports voice dial and voice comands besides Bluetooth. at least the manual from nokia UK says so. if so you can initiate a call via voice dial, if not you must initiate the call from your handset.

3.) if you PM me your e-mail address i will send you the manual for the HCB 30 and for the nokia 6310i.

4.) to connect your HCB 30 with you phone you have to put your HCB 30 first in pairing mode, and than you must know the passkey which have to be entered in your phone (hcb 30 passkey is "0000") to finish the pairing sequence. but this is all easy if you have the manuals and follow the instructions there.

lets take the next step and PM me your e-mail address.

Hi Williz

Many thanks again for your help

my E mail address is' rsaun46318@aol.com'.

I do not have any information on the phone (Nokia 6310i or the Bluetooth kit) This info will be very interesting.

regarding the Austrian Christmas Concert from Vienna. There is a waiting list of around 10 years for tickets (so we believe) and the cost is very very high.. have you ever seen it on TV. It is Very Popular over here and very high quality entertainment Kind Regards Roy

Hi Williz

Many thanks again for your help

my E mail address is' rsaun46318@aol.com'.

I do not have any information on the phone (Nokia 6310i or the Bluetooth kit) This info will be very interesting.

regarding the Austrian Christmas Concert from Vienna. There is a waiting list of around 10 years for tickets (so we believe) and the cost is very very high.. have you ever seen it on TV. It is Very Popular over here and very high quality entertainment Kind Regards Roy

This is for all of you who like to know how the story ends.

After e-mailing the Manuals for SonyEricsson HCB 30 and Nokia 6310i as .pdf files I received today the following success mail from robroy:

“Dear Willi

What else can I say but a very big Thank You. The information you sent me was just what I required . I have been out this morning testing the kit as we live in a poor signal quality area and it all works fine. Even the voice dialling.”