Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ventilated Front Seats Opinions?

HI Well now that summer is here at last how are you finding the front seat 'coolers.' Mine seem to work off and on and in traffic make little or no difference at all. Are they linked to the aircon settings? driving speed, temp settings etc

Any thoughts

alan

Mine work very nicely thank you and keep my 'clackers' nice and cool !! :D :D

It's only a fan that draws warm air away from the seat and therefore 'cools' that area. The setting switch just alters the fan speed as far as I can tell.

Cheer

The Ed

Mine worked really well for half a day, a really nice blast of cold air. Now I get barely anything and the settings make no difference, Lexus have checked them and confirmed they are working okay :unsure:

I also thought they were related to the aircon, amount of air being pushed out be the sub, outside temp etc etc. Haven't found anything that works.

Mine worked really well for half a day, a really nice blast of cold air. Now I get barely anything and the settings make no difference, Lexus have checked them and confirmed they are working okay :unsure:

I also thought they were related to the aircon, amount of air being pushed out be the sub, outside temp etc etc. Haven't found anything that works.

I know what you mean but I investigated this and found there was no deteriation in performance dependant on duration of use. It seems to me when you sit down and switch the seats on you feel the cool air because there is a greater difference between your skin temperature and the air temperature so you feel it more obviously. As the seats do their job and your skin temp falls there is less of a difference between that and the temp of the air blowing through the seats so you feel it less.*

*Disclaimer:

NBG is not a scientist or an expert in air conditioning for motor vehicles and has no scientific facts to back up his opinion. He might well be talking bo!!ocks.

NBG is not a scientist or an expert in air conditioning for motor vehicles and has no scientific facts to back up his opinion. He might well be talking bo!!ocks.

Thats proper down the pub type bo!!ocks coz you just might be right.

It seems to me when you sit down and switch the seats on you feel the cool air because there is a greater difference between your skin temperature and the air temperature so you feel it more obviously. As the seats do their job and your skin temp falls there is less of a difference between that and the temp of the air blowing through the seats so you feel it less.

You work for Lexus don't you :D

It seems to me when you sit down and switch the seats on you feel the cool air because there is a greater difference between your skin temperature and the air temperature so you feel it more obviously. As the seats do their job and your skin temp falls there is less of a difference between that and the temp of the air blowing through the seats so you feel it less.

No - Lexus workers are insensitive bums

That's a bit below the belt - I don't even have a shiny suit. :ohmy:

..hmmm

Back on topic -

Mine work extremely well. This notion of air being "drawn" by a fan - well mine definitely blow air out, upwards through the perforations in the seat squab (but not as far as I can tell through the backrest), so is it a fan that is facing the floor and draws air through and up the seat...? Though that's the same as a fan "pushing air" rather than "Pulling air away".

Mine really works well I have to say and consistently on both seats...especially with Black leather on days like these, I'm glad it does do the job!! You can definitely feel air being blown out for upto 1.5-2 inches above the seat depending on the circumstances, fan settings etc.

I'm with jamboo above, definately a wothwhile option. WWhat I was thinking was ...... if you don't have passengers in the back put an air pipe from the rear air-con outlet and push it up under the fan then you will get chilly bits ... ooh err mrs. Do you think it would work?