Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Do You Wave?

It's been over two months now that I drive my lovely 2nd Gen IS, and loving every minute of it... And it's an attractive car... If I got a euro for every person that "rubbernecked" me in these 60 days, I'd have three IS'es by now! :winky:

Now comes my point. I've seen motorcyclists wave to each other while they see each other on the road. Even if the other cyclist is a complete stranger, a single hand/wave/finger goes up as a greet. This happens to me all the time by Lexus drivers. 9/10 times I encounter an IS (a 1st or 2nd gen) I get a wave or a greeting finger (not the censored one! B) ). I'm starting to get the feeling I'm missing out on some groundrules/etiquette in Lexusland.

Anyone noticed this waving going on? Or is it just down here below sealevel? :)

Greetz!

not really up here in Sheffield although i am tempted. see the hottie lady every day on my way to work with silver IS same as mine. I just stare, i think she must think im a weirdo :hehe:

Must be a Dutch thing :)

Never had a Lexus driver wave at me. Used to get waved at by other Jeep GC drivers when I drove the missus GC - especially other drivers with the same colour GC (black) - off course it could have been secret admirers of hers and they couldn't tell I was driving cos the windows were totally blacked out :D

Hello......... :lol:

See here

Aye... that did the trick! Must say the responses in this topic reminds me of Beemers (especially diesels) I encounter. After leaving a fog of war and allmost no accaleration (love those 318d's) I do get angry eyes instead of "V's" or fingers. Amusing non the less :D

Wierd thing is that only IS drivers flash and wave, RX drivers (which are numerous around here) usually smell the front of their windscreen and mind their own business.

Must be a Dutch thing indeed then... :winky:

Thanks!

Believe it or not I tried this yesterday whilst out at the Open Road event. the route was littered with 06 plated Lexie of all types. I tried waving :flowers: and only got puzzled looks back...

Some people have no brotherhood.... :huh:

I'm now gonna do the wave or the flash (lights that is) and see what happens...my home town is a funny place...I'll probably get chased and knifed...tell the Missus I loved her... :tomato:

I've tried it a couple of times with IS200 owners but to no avail, the majority don't to seem to care what they are driving.

Locally I regularly see three women who drive IS200's, I could wave, flash, nod, do anything, but they just don't seem to see me, I'm sure they'd have the same blank gaze if I were driving a Sherman towards them.

I remember the wave or "RESPECT" used to be very common with Mini owners about ten years ago, they all seemed to do it. It'd be great if Lexus owners could do the same, or at least drivers of the same type of Lexus.

Here in Norway I allways greet fellow Lexus-owners. They all do the same. In Norway Lexus is a VERY rair brand. People come up to me and ask me what car it is, and they often guess it's a Honda. MOTHERF**** (Sorry) ;)

Now I just call it a Yaris Limo. :) I actually got a phonecall from a Lexus owner in the neighboring town who just wanted to chat and meet up.

I remember the wave or "RESPECT" used to be very common with Mini owners about ten years ago, they all seemed to do it. It'd be great if Lexus owners could do the same, or at least drivers of the same type of Lexus.

yeap, mini owners defo do this and i still see them do it