Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2 Things

GWilso

Hi guys

The past thew months i've been watching closley to all your mechanical posts on the LOC and taking them in step by step and today Ive been out on the drive putting them to the test, First was a nice and simple cleaning out the air intake (hey we all gotta start somewere) the air intake filter was mostly black with wasps flys and all sorts I guess this wil need replacing? or is there another soloution cleaning it up?

Secondly my brake callipers are quite rusty and corroded i've been looking at all your posts about painting them but i have the dilemar that my insurance company WILL NOT allow any mods do you think painting them would be classed as a mod??????? don't want to give them any exuces.... it may be safer to just replace with new standard oem anyone know the cost for this?

Allthough i'd like to think I could Change callipers myself i don't wan't to take any chances with something as serious as stopping the car :D

Wow what a day (well half hour at leat) who know's what tomorrow will bring maybe ill just replace the engine with a new one :D :D :D

Sorry to bable any input would be great

Cheers

They can't consider painting the callipers a mod. although my local dealer tried to tell me it was ( but we won't go there again ), You are painting them to prevent the corrosion - end of.

Anybody painted the calipers on their IS 250/220 yet???

Thanks for the Info guys can anyone tell me about the air intake filter does that need replacing where can i get one from looked on eBay etc it only comes up with the main air filter????

Oh and what colour Callipers????? goes with standard lexus green anyone got any examples

Thanks

Thanks for the Info guys can anyone tell me about the air intake filter does that need replacing where can i get one from looked on ebay etc it only comes up with the main air filter????

eh??? what do you mean - there is only one filter!!!!!!!

The White filter inside the air intake box with the lexus logo sign on does this need replacing?

Thanks for the Info guys can anyone tell me about the air intake filter does that need replacing where can i get one from looked on ebay etc it only comes up with the main air filter????

Personally, the only mods I would bother telling an insurance co about are ones that either change the performance/handling/saftey of the car (suspension/tuning type stuff) or change the cost of any repair/claim (styling kits/alloys etc). Anything purely cosmetic like painting the calipers I can't see them having any reason to know about.

The White filter inside the air intake box with the lexus logo sign on does this need replacing?

Yes, there is only one, you can get K&N filter too :D