Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I though I'd post this on this forum. I'd never ever drive one ( a GS that is) before (not even the Old G1 or G2).

Boy was I in for a shock. It's a fantastic car!

Performance - blindingly quick. 0-60 in sub 6 seconds and you know it. Very refined mile muncher, and I loved trying to keep it in electric mode though the batteries were almost flat when I took charge (first drive of the day for that car).

Reverse is all electric, very uncanny when the engine dies and all goes silent at stops, you start off all "E" and then the engine cuts in very discreetly when moving forward...It only showed 19mpg, but that was understandable!!

Having driven the E Class, and recently a 5 Series, all I can say is well done Lexus - you've given the germans something to worry about!!!

PS - also driove a GS300 SE-L, which has to be my next car unless I can afford the 450h. The 300 has a splendid mix of performance and refinement which make it a pleasure to drive. A very good, well equipped car for the dosh.

Picked mine up last week, I previously had the RX400h, the difference is like chalk and cheese.

It handles like a true sports car and has the performance that would shame many of them.

Compared to the RX400h, this is a much more refined car and hardly any of the engine roar that accompanies the acceleration with the RX.

bill

I know exactly what you mean. My buddy and I also enjoy a bit of motorcycling, and on the last bank holiday (one week later here than in UK), we did a small tour of Antrim. Giant's Causeway, Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, Joey Dunlop Memorial Garden, etc,; and on the way back home we stopped in at Lexus Belfast.

We know the Service Manager, so we decided to stop in, have a much needed jimmy, quick cup of tea, shoot the breeze about up and coming launches, and basically @**@-talk for a while. :D

Well, he very kindly offered us a run out in the new GS450H.

VERY impressive!! I am hooked; apart from the price at the moment.

I was looking at upgrading my MK2 for the MK3 in the next year or two, but now, I think I shall wait the extra couple of years for a nice 450H to approach my wallet's capacity, and upgrade then. I seriously think that the Hybrid is the way to go. :winky:

Mind you, can you picture this. Two bikers pull up outside a Lexus dealer. Park up two cruisers. Go inside. Drink tea. Have chat. Take test drive in FULL LEATHERS. :lol::lol:

AND get treated very well by EVERYONE there, not just the guy we know.

WELL DONE AND THANK YOU, LEXUS. :flowers:

(I can't see that happening at Mercedes, can you??)

Phil.

Mind you, can you picture this. Two bikers pull up outside a Lexus dealer. Park up two cruisers. Go inside. Drink tea. Have chat. Take test drive in FULL LEATHERS.

AND get treated very well by EVERYONE there, not just the guy we know.

WELL DONE AND THANK YOU, LEXUS.

(I can't see that happening at Mercedes, can you??)

I had almost the same thing at Lexus Southend, pull up on the Harley walk inside and they are falling over themselves to help. Offered me a days test drive. I think they realise if you have have £15 k to spend on a toy you can aford a Lexus.

Now one of my friends has / had the hots for an XK8 pull up at the Jag place in Brentwood , I thought they were going to ask us to leave. Big mistake he's got the cash to walk next door and buy an Aston Martin. He's still decideing what to buy now.

Now one of my friends has / had the hots for an XK8 pull up at the Jag place in Brentwood , I thought they were going to ask us to leave. Big mistake he's got the cash to walk next door and buy an Aston Martin. He's still decideing what to buy now.

Point him towards Mr Lexus. No contest with regards to the others he has a hankering for. (my opinion, only)

Firstly, reliability. With Lexus it's almost a given. With Ford holding the cards for Jag and Aston, you would think they would have that put to bed by now.

Second, image. OK, Aston has the looks to die for, and the Jag looks sleek. Lexus does have an image failing, but it is only a matter of time. Look at the new IS and GS. Beautiful lookers.

But saying that, which would you have on a cold, rainy night? Something that will get you there in comfort, but annonimously, or try to arrive stylishly with a whisp of uncertainty of getting there.

Advise your buddy to don the leathers, ride down to the dealers, and pick the one that gives you the best reception. That will speak buckets!!!

Hey, I just remembered. :excl: I bought my first Lexus when I showed up at the showroom on an old GPZ750!! The dealer couldn't have been nicer. AND has looked after me royally ever since. (As I said, my opinion only)

Would be interesting to see what your mate actually gets at the end of the day :question:

Phil.

To those who have 450hs, or have seen them, what is the boot actually like then? I remember thinking the boot on the standard car was a bit useless, but the one on the 450h is supposed to be only half the size in volume - is it as bad as I think it is?

To those who have 450hs, or have seen them, what is the boot actually like then? I remember thinking the boot on the standard car was a bit useless, but the one on the 450h is supposed to be only half the size in volume - is it as bad as I think it is?

The boot is small, enough for a couple of small suitcases and not too much else.

Apparently Samsonite do a set of luggage that is designed to fit every crevice.

As far as I'm concerned, this is a price well worth paying for the rest of what's a superb car.

bill

Would be interesting to see what your mate actually gets at the end of the day

I'm desperately trying to talk him out of a Porsche 4x4 Cheyene (sp ?) you know the thing they hit with an ugly stick on the end of the production line

Would be interesting to see what your mate actually gets at the end of the day

I'm desperately trying to talk him out of a Porsche 4x4 Cheyene (sp ?) you know the thing they hit with an ugly stick on the end of the production line

Is it a 'badge' thing, I wonder?

I only ask this because it took about 7 years of my trouble-free motoring and service to make my boss look away from 25 years of driving Mercedes. His last one was the 600 SEL laviathon. Nothing but regular, annoying problems to be fixed. (at Merc's infamous rates)

He eventually saw sense. Proud owner of 2002 LS430 now. Told loads of people he will NEVER go back.

Reliability over badge/image, anyday of the week.

He will most likely c**p his pants when he sees the Ls600h next year. But that will be another story. :lol::lol:

Phil