Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Having never driven an RX before, i though I'd give it a whirl...

Drove the RX350, which I have to say we were so impressed with. Very refined and good performance considering the size, weight etc. Never managed a drive in the 400h, it was booked solid.

I'd always wondered why anyone would want a 4x4, and a Lex at that. Well now I know...

A fantastic ride, smooth, almost zero road noise, very good handling considering the size, though heavy braking and that forward pitching was a bit hairy!!!! Loads of space and great driving position. The auto box was excellent and the equipment levels awesome on the one that we had.

On the whole a very good car indeed. I dunno what the fuel economy is like on a 400h, but the 350 was showing a steady 19mpg...

Now I know why you guys have one!!

Did you get the opportunity to take it off-road? I took an RX off-road at the same event in the Cotswolds a couple of years ago. The switch that pumped up the ride height was good but the it went downhill. Handling was very poor in my opinion and at times it was just a question of hoping it would stop or turn.

I had a Freelander for nearly 3 years so was comparing it against that, yes a bit unfair, but even so to let people take a car like that in farmers fiels whcih was steep and muddy and downhill with trees as well was foolish.

Having never driven an RX before, i though I'd give it a whirl...

Drove the RX350, which I have to say we were so impressed with. Very refined and good performance considering the size, weight etc. Never managed a drive in the 400h, it was booked solid.

I'd always wondered why anyone would want a 4x4, and a Lex at that. Well now I know...

A fantastic ride, smooth, almost zero road noise, very good handling considering the size, though heavy braking and that forward pitching was a bit hairy!!!! Loads of space and great driving position. The auto box was excellent and the equipment levels awesome on the one that we had.

On the whole a very good car indeed. I dunno what the fuel economy is like on a 400h, but the 350 was showing a steady 19mpg...

Now I know why you guys have one!!

Had my RX400h for 8 months ish now and the fuel consumption on mixed driving is about 32mph (worse in winter - as with most cars it uses more fuel). If you like the 350, you`ll love the 400. Better mpg and faster. Once you get used to the silent start and Battery system, which takes a day, you`ll be sold.

Good Luck

Gazman :zee: