Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Retro Fitting A Sat Nav System

Have an is 200 sport (2001 / 51) and have found an original sat nav (dvd) system for sale

It comes with all the cables and was bought for installing in an altezza

Should this be able to plug into a NON sat nav spec'd is200?

Thanks in advance :-)

Paul

If it's the one on eBay the guy admits he struggled putting it into the Altezza, says it's due to the wire colours. I guess at the end of the day it depends how good you are and if you are prepared to splice wires from the new loom into you existing loom which I believe it requires. I would say the mechanics are easy but the wiring may be too much even with the "instructions".

Maybe worth getting in touch with this LOC member and asking him a couple of questions.

He fits Sat/Nav systems into Lexus imports.

Luke (Soarer_TV_conversions)

If it's the one on eBay the guy admits he struggled putting it into the Altezza, says it's due to the wire colours. I guess at the end of the day it depends how good you are and if you are prepared to splice wires from the new loom into you existing loom which I believe it requires. I would say the mechanics are easy but the wiring may be too much even with the "instructions".

That's a good enough answer for me :-)

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...