Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2 Days In To Lex Is220d Ownership..........

Well, so far I'm v impressed!

Soo comfortable, cant get over the seats with their million+1 adustments

Love the looks (as do my family and mates - to the extent my mum and step father wanted photos of me and the mrs with it - plus admiring glances from strangers (but obviously with the women thats me and not the car B)

Speed - as expected - no speedmeister but no slouch either, just ok

Toys - LOVE IT! - rear blind goes up/rear blind goes down/rear blind goes up/rear blind goes down/rear blind goes up/rear blind goes down/rear blind goes up/rear blind goes down/rear blind goes up/rear blind goes down/rear blind goes up/rear blind goes down/rear blind goes up/rear blind goes down/rear blind goes up/rear blind goes down/rear blind goes up/rear blind goes down/etc! :D

Niggles:

Rattle from passenger seat when not occupied

6th gear sucks - wont sit in it at 70 when it should

General gear ratios are v close so have already shifted to 1st when going for 3rd :blush:

Handbrake only comes on at the last click (is this common??)

Will take it to the dealer in a week or so just in case any more niggles come up

Looking forward to a year (1 year lease - though may extend at this rate!) of very nice driving!

Keep up the good work on this forum folks, I've found it very informative thus far

:D

Niggles:

Rattle from passenger seat when not occupied

6th gear sucks - wont sit in it at 70 when it should

General gear ratios are v close so have already shifted to 1st when going for 3rd :blush:

Handbrake only comes on at the last click (is this common??)

Congrats on your new IS220d :)

Rattles are very common although I've not aquired the passenger seat one, yet.

Yep, 6th gear is pretty much useless unless you plan on spending most time breaking the speed limit. Some other IS220d owners HAVE managed 70mph in sixth, with mine the best I can get is 75 mph. Any lower and you're just coasting.

Handbrake in also last click on mine, I always make sure I leave in first gear when parked on an incline.

Let us know what sort of mpg you get and what you think of those adaptive lights - can you tell that they are working ?

Only really aware of my lights 'seeing round corners' on some of the slow twisty corners we have in the Cotswolds. Brilliant :D

HI welcome to your new 220 The handbrake can be adjusted mine needed it. rattle may evenresult in a new seat depends on the dealer Forget 6th in the UK the car is a 5 speed box! which is a pity but as the car does well at 2,500 rpm at 70 and the fuel useage ok I am happy to leave 6 th alone until we venture abroad

alan

Welcome to the joys of the new IS.

Everything you mention is normal...(rattles included). As it runs in you'll notice 6th improves a bit, but like Scott said, anything below 75 and you're coasting, and there's little response even if you floor it as it's in "Turbo Lag" below 1700rpm.

How does it compare to your old car?

Just borrowed a 220d SE-L with the MM for the day as mine is in for a 10k service - you're right about the 6th gear - useless below 80mph. The clutch pedal is faily hefty with a long travel too, but maybe that's because I've got used to the auto. The Mark Levinson system is great though, really powerful. I'm not that impressed with the Sat Nav - I could hardly hear it even at moderate radio volumes and I think the instructions I get from my £140 Garmin are clearer and less intrusive. In terms of mapping quality there's nothing in it.

just had mine delivered at noon today....first lexus AND oil burner....stalled it twicewhen dropping the delivery driver off at the train station :blush: ..oh btw why does always take an age to re-start it in traffice :blush::blush::blush::blush:

unfortunatly i'm back at the office so only done about 2 miles in it do far...but the good news is.....no niggles /rattles yet :D ....or none that i have noticed :winky:

i feel like a pauper in here as i only have the base model in cadaxton slate :whistling:

no doubt i will be reading the manual cover to cover on my drive tonight ...looking out for envious glances from my neighbours :D :D

i feel like a pauper in here as i only have the base model in cadaxton slate :whistling:

no doubt i will be reading the manual cover to cover on my drive tonight ...looking out for envious glances from my neighbours :D :D

There's nothing wrong with a base model, I love mine and not having to pay the extra company car tax plus the £55/month 'top up' I would have had to pay for an SE won it over for me. You still get all the toys and with the money you've saved could get some v nice alloys and have plenty of cash to spare. I think I would've have gone for MM over SE anyhow as it's so good but didn't get either :duh:

As for reading the manuals, I've never heard such madness! Press everything till it does what you want it to - works for me! [obviously if your struggling to get the wipers to work or something equally important then it might just be worth having a quick check of the books :winky: ]

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links