Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Jd Power Survey Results

The new Is I suspect will still do quite well Largely because other luxury manufacturers are so bad now We have had Mercedes refuse to replace the ball joints and 4 badly corroded wheels under warranty! Years ago Merc could no do enough for customers even eplacew things pas the warranty date...

Lexus still try to go that bit further. I know that I have rattles etc but the car is very reliable and the local dealer haas done everything possible to rectify the problems.

The only thing that I feel is that LExus GB do not seem to go that extra bit that they claim that they do. Their customer service at that level should and could be better.. once it is clear that the dealer is not looking after customer's complaint adequetly.

All said and done i would still buy another lexus!

Alan

Well....

Survey Blog

I know it was the old IS, but even in the manufacturer league both of our cars' manufacturers came 1 and 2...

he says smugly....

:hehe: :winky:

I wonder how in a while the new IS will fair...and how honest are owners?

I hope I get asked because I'm not that impressed. I was attracted to Lexus because I'd heard about the fantastic service you get from Lexus dealers and to be honest it's no better than I got when I had my old Ford Orion years ago.

I've just paid £230 at Lexus Newcastle for a 10k service on a is250 and to be honest you wouldn't know it.

1. They've charged me £10 for loan car - first time that's ever happened to me.

2. The oil has cost 3.74 per unit for 13 units - I have no idea what units we are talking about - can't be litres. £48 for cheap Shell Helix seems excessive.

3. Charged for screenwash and I'd filled the reservoir right up the night before.

But the main thing that ****** me right off was the fact they haven't even washed it. I've had Audis and when you get back in after a service it's been washed and hoovered and they put an air freshener in. It's a small point but at least it makes you feel like you've had some value for your money.

I'm probably being a right moaner but I was given the impression that Lexus Customer Service was a step up from Audi, not two steps back.

seems common practice to charge, for loan cars but the charge is really for the insurance, lexus carlise qoted me a £5 quid charge for the insurance, which to be honest isnt a big deal. the car washing bit is though i would expect it, VW has washed and valeted a serviced car before handing it back i would expect it from Lexus

seems common practice to charge, for loan cars but the charge is really for the insurance, lexus carlise qoted me a £5 quid charge for the insurance, which to be honest isnt a big deal. the car washing bit is though i would expect it, VW has washed and valeted a serviced car before handing it back i would expect it from Lexus

If it is for insurance tho, they should give you the option to insure it yourself because on most insurance policies its free to cover a courtesy car

I've just paid £230 at Lexus Newcastle for a 10k service on a is250 and to be honest you wouldn't know it.

2. The oil has cost 3.74 per unit for 13 units - I have no idea what units we are talking about - can't be litres. £48 for cheap Shell Helix seems excessive.

3. Charged for screenwash and I'd filled the reservoir right up the night before.

But the main thing that ****** me right off was the fact they haven't even washed it. I've had Audis and when you get back in after a service it's been washed and hoovered and they put an air freshener in. It's a small point but at least it makes you feel like you've had some value for your money.

I'm probably being a right moaner but I was given the impression that Lexus Customer Service was a step up from Audi, not two steps back.

Time for Mr. Shipley to step in with his 10K service price for the IS250! 10K service prices listed for Lexus Hanley currently range from £74.49 (GS300 :P ) to £128.70 (LS430/SC430). I'd expect the IS250 to slot in there somewhere.

I've dodged the screenwash and wiper charges in the past by filling the bottle and/or changing the blades on the day, and pointing out that they don't require replacement when handing over my keys.

Well....

Survey Blog

I know it was the old IS, but even in the manufacturer league both of our cars' manufacturers came 1 and 2...

he says smugly....

:hehe: :winky:

I wonder how in a while the new IS will fair...and how honest are owners?

I hope I get asked because I'm not that impressed. I was attracted to Lexus because I'd heard about the fantastic service you get from Lexus dealers and to be honest it's no better than I got when I had my old Ford Orion years ago.

This is a disgrace You shuld report the dealer to lexus uk every time my car has been in for rattle etc it has come back spotless. In fact there was a mark on the armrest and it was repalced FOC!! Once where they had done a lot of test driving it was handed back with a full tank of fuel..that is whatt lexus is all about ..if they still want to win JD Power survrys each year!

alan

It's the principal of the £10 that gets me. I went to the Open Road event and never paid a penny and drove every model, I went for a test drive and never paid a penny, but then when you take your car in for a job, where they can charge you up to £80-100 p/h labour, they have the gaul to charge you a tenner for the Courtesy cars' insurance...

Audi and Honda have never done that...!

I know it's not Lexus GB but the dealers...and they even charge you the tenner for warranty work, where no doubt they make a packet out of it from LGB...

Don't get me started again...

NBLG - even you've started to complain...

PS - I was told "...10,000 miles service is on a par with the IS200..."

For £282 squids My Audi A4 had it's 2nd service....@ 42,000 miles!!! the first one was at 22,000 miles for £160...

Come on Lexus dealers....!! I'm beginning to miss the extended servicing that the german cars give....and mines on 2200 miles!!