Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Failed Mot!

I just had my is200 in for MOT, after waiting for a whole hour in the heat, I couldnt believe it when he said it had failed.

When I asked what the problem was, he said that the co2 emmissions where too high! I was well p****d off, apparently my mates failed their mot from the same guy for the same reason.

So after sweating it out for an hour I asked him how much it was over by and what all the numbers meant but he couldn't give me a straight answer.

Anyway, I then asked for some advice on how to get it sorted, and all he said was I had to get it investigated. He's given me 14 days to fix the problem and get a free re-test.

Does anyone know what causes this problem and how I would go about fixing it. any help would be much appreciated.

thanks!!!!

i have always been told that if car fails on emmisions then give a bit of a thrashing to clear things out a bit.

would like to know if this is true or what alternative there is.

i have always been told that if car fails on emmisions then give a bit of a thrashing to clear things out a bit.

would like to know if this is true or what alternative there is.

yes i have told people to do that when ever i have to fail cars on the smoke test i always say do you use it to take the kids to shcool and shopping and they say yes its cos it never gets used a lot and thrashed around so if you put so inj cleaner it it and take it a long a long road or motorway and at 70mph :whistling:

for a bit it should do the job

matt

Have you done any mods to your car? Had the pre-cats out?

no mods to the car at all, the car has done 99k, it was very unusual though when he was checking it there was no smoke visible, the car is used regularly and I do put my foot down here and there, I'll try the injector cleaner and see if that helps.

Have you done any mods to your car? Had the pre-cats out?

no mods to the car at all, the car has done 99k, it was very unusual though when he was checking it there was no smoke visible, the car is used regularly and I do put my foot down here and there, I'll try the injector cleaner and see if that helps.

Use the cleaner oryou can buy a product that you poor in tank before you go and it does somthing to the co2

i think it was called cataclean but not sure if name is correct check on Web

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links