Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Accord Type R

IanF

I picked it up on Saturday - I've had a few days getting used to it, and I love it!

Very similar to the Altezza in principle - relaxed when you want it to be, but quick when you put your foot down.

However it is much sportier and focused than the Altezza - the steering is spot on, VTEC is fantastic when it kicks in (but is going to take a change in driving style to get the best out of it - it REALLY needs the nuts revving off it).

The looks inside and out has grown on me too, and now I'd rate it only a sliver below the Altezza. The Recaro sport seats are excellent - very comfortanble and supportive.

Overall, Im not sorry to be leaving Altezza land - I might come back in a couple of years when I'm ready to change again - but then again I might not....

atr01.jpg

atr02.jpg

dash.jpg

int.jpg

enbay.jpg

Looks nice .. got any plans for it ? :unsure:

Not really - quite happy to leave it standard for the time being.

Because the ATR was never a JDM car, there isn't very much stuff available. TDI has a small selection - the Camcom may be interesting to lower the VTEC point.

Very nice car mate :)

I know what you mean by the sound of the VTEC, i have a Civic Type R for the week (with a buddyclub exhaust :yahoo:) and the sound and power delivery is slightly more fruity than the VVTI... Although the VVTLi is supposed to be more in line with the VTEC.

Those dials remind me of the GS300 ones :hehe: