Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anybody Know About Alpine Kit?

Alpine do a nice looking headunit with an ipod link:

Link

I also want to add sat nav to the car at some point - if I fit an Alpine touchscreen without the nav hard drive unit at this stage, can I connect it to the head unit and use it to control the ipod?

If not the head unit I've linked, will any other do this?

Ian

I think the difference with the unit you've linked to there is that you can connect an ipod directly to it, whereas with the other Alpine units you need to get the ipod connection box

However, I believe this works with all of the headunits, so if you want to get satnav, it would prob be best to get the touchscreen headunit so you can add the nav unit later

I got that head unit and its good, but my buttons are red to match the dash.

I have no i-pod but was thinking of getting one, don't know how it would connect up but i do know that you can change track and browse folders with the stereo (displaying the track titles)

i do play mp3 cds and i can look through the disk as it plays, again it displays song titles, and you can save them in folders.

I think the difference with the unit you've linked to there is that you can connect an ipod directly to it, whereas with the other Alpine units you need to get the ipod connection box

However, I believe this works with all of the headunits, so if you want to get satnav, it would prob be best to get the touchscreen headunit so you can add the nav unit later

OK - I think I understand.

Another question - do Alpine (or anybody else) do a touchscreen headunit where the screen is separate from the headunit & can be mounted separately? I don't like the look of pop-out screens from a single DIN headunit, but I'd like the functionality.

Ian,

Probably out of your price based on the above, but Pioneer are about to 'do it again' with the new all in one unit..

frontshotavichd1bt_detailpage.jpg

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_detail...xonomy_id=10-20

Due in couple of weeks, estimated RRP £1k

Alpine also do a unit to compete without nav...

b_ivaw200ri.jpg

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_in...roducts_id=4833

frontshotavichd1bt_detailpage.jpg

I think your actualy looking at over £2k for that head unit, as it has HDD Sat nav etc. The lower pic is the one that is about £900 or so.

Also as far as i was aware although the direct connection head units allow you to play Ipod tracs i did not think that they displayed sub folders etc or display track titles, only track numbers.

Was in my friends audio shop and he was on about it to a customer for that same head unit