Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Up And Down Buttons On Steering Of V300

tempo

hi guys hope you all had a nice xmas like i did with my new v300. am still learning more about this super car. i wont change it for anything. can someone please tell me what the buttons on the steering do. i have managed to find out that it makes the car go really fast and that it brings down my fuel guage quickly but am not really sure if am using it correctly or what its really for.

is there any down side to using this buttons.

when is it advisable to use the power switch.

can anyone advise me on what not to do with this super car

thanks

Hi Tempo,

I think you'll find that they allow you to move the steering wheel up/down and forward/backwards to allow for greater comfort during driving, you'll also find that there is an "Auto" button next to the toggle switch, if you press this button in and move the steering wheel to your chosen postion. Then depress the Auto button, this will store your settings. Then remove the key, the steeriing wheel will move back to rest postion, when you put your key, the steering wheel will move out to your chosen postion.

You can the power switch anytime, but try not to use it when accerating hard, it throws the ECT out a bit and makes your cars surge a bit, not a good idea.

Treat the car well and it'll treat you like a king on his throne. B)

Is the car an import, if so, these love super leaded or optimax, anything with over 97 RON fuel.

Paul

Tempo, when you say "buttons on the steering wheel" - do you mean the ones that say "up" and "down" .... if you have the same car as me (2000 v300 vertex) then these are the tiptronic controls for changing gear when you slide the gear stick (oooeerr missus) over from D to M - enabling the tiptronic function.... which to be honest your better off without - leave it in drive! - the gear changes are so slick you hardly notice it - for me the tiptonic function is just a novelty.

Lexus ... not lets get this RIGHT! - TOYOTA :D - developed a "super yogurt" torque converter that is so slick you dont notice the gear changes! - The tiptronic feature adds lag and besides, i can barely keep my hands on the steering wheel when the twin turbos kick in, let alone press those little buttons!

I have to say I use the tiptronic or E-shift a lot of the time. My journey to work takes me through a lot of traffic and is very start stop. I like being able to change down and use engine braking to slow the car particulary for roundabouts as it's a heavy car. Likewise when crawling in traffic, changing into the lower gears helps me to not have to keep me pressing the brake pedal all the time in slow moving traffic or from switching between drive and neutral. I'd have to say I would miss it.

• 3 months later...

Your full guide to V300 toys :

PWR - Power mode, revs the engine more (this makes 0.5s difference on the 1/4 mile), lowers/stiffens the active suspension, changes steering fluid pressure to make the steering tighter/weighter.

RED BUTTON right of gear knob - for service mode, hold down RED button and more the gear into N, R, Drive etc. without the car running. For garages only.

F1 shift, how to use it - select 'D-M' mode by moving the gear stick to DRIVE then push RIGHT into 'D-M' mode.

Select 'L' gear using up/down on the steering wheel.

Brake + accelerator with Traction control OFF will smoke rear tyres nicely for launch, then full throttle/off brake.

'L' gear gives bags of torque etc. for standing starts, away from the traffic lights etc.

A good method is move to 'D-M', then 'L' then once in 'L' gear and flying down the road, move to 'D' and the V300 will do all the 2nd/3rd/4th gears for you.

PWR and 'L' mode will give you more acceleration.

Boost controller anyone???