Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Se Loan Car

Well the IS300 went if for a service and I was handed the keys to an IS250 SE. :blink:

... damn what a fine car... I like the spec and am now very jealous of everyone with one. :sick:

I might look into a trade in, around a year down the line. I know some cars have had rattles etc etc, but the car is really good and I think once these are sorted the 2007 JD Power survey will be wrapped up again.

Hopefully some of the crappy dealers out there will get a kick from Lexus GB also. :tsktsk:

Anyway.. really nice car, like the power blinds and cooling seats. Nice touch.

I had one for a week when my car was at the dealers, and I agree, it really is so different to the old IS. Couldn't believe how quiet it was at speed on the motorway. Yep lots of nice little touches too, like the extra wipe after washing the windscreen, and when pulling away after being stationary.........

Besides a wildly vibrating rearview mirror (which I hope was just the car I had), it seems impeccably well put together. The sequential shift was much better than I thought it would be aswell - actually didn't have too much of a lag.

While I had the car, I too considered swapping over to the 250, but there are things I still like about the old IS - its definitely more "raw", steering has more feel, great engine noise, etc.

It is a fantastic car, and I would like to have one at some point (hopefully as a convertible tho :whistling: )

Although, I know they're not the same car, but an '05' plate GS430 with 6k miles, costs £29,995 - can't decide whether the IS is enough better than the GS to justify it....... :ohmy:

jus our of interest how much did the IS200 se or sport cost brand new back in 98 (i think on an s plate)

I think they were somewhere around the 21-22k mark, my 2002 SE auto with satnav cost just under £25k.

In comparison, the IS250SE is quite well priced as it would prob cost about £28k (?) which for the bigger engine and much higher spec is quite reasonable :)

34K brand new

jus our of interest how much did the IS200 se or sport cost brand new back in 98 (i think on an s plate)

34K?????????? Are you sure? the IS200's were around the 20.5-24k mark I thought..

I got the old Lexus IS brochure that was left in the car when I bought it

34K for the SE ill confirm it when i get home

34K brand new

34K?????????? Are you sure? the IS200's were around the 20.5-24k mark I thought..

Well the IS300 went if for a service and I was handed the keys to an IS250 SE. :blink:

Lucky you. My local Lexus dealer wouldn't loan me one, without me transfering my insurance to it for the day. So while he drove my car away for the service, his IS250 demo stood idle on my drive........ALL DAY :blink:

How daft is that :duh:

IanB :D

Lucky you. My local Lexus dealer wouldn't loan me one, without me transfering my insurance to it for the day. So while he drove my car away for the service, his IS250 demo stood idle on my drive........ALL DAY :blink:

Sorry if I've missed something here, but why didn't you just cover it on your own policy? :blink:

:offtopic: ( slightly)

more and more IS250 around as of late and i must say the silver one seems to stand out and look the best so far, don't like those slightly coloured gay cars :D

Definitely needs 18" alloys as the back is so high over the arch it makes the wheels look smaller.....

still perfer the 1st gen for now.... but the new one is growing on me...... :blush:

Sorry if I've missed something here, but why didn't you just cover it on your own policy? :blink:

must be an cheap insurance :lol:

Very nice car.. in black. My 3 year old wouldn't give the keys back to the dealer....

.."He said I don't want the blue one back!".... Oh well, better start saving...

This car didn't have any rattles at all. I'm assuming that all of those issues have been resolved now ?

I had the use of an IS250 SE whilst my IS200 SE was in for its 10 000 service at Lexus Stoke and although there is no dening that in every way the IS250 is the superior car, quieter and more powerfull, I had noticed that the new IS had lost its looks and just didn't have that same "come and drive me" appeal. Although I enjoyed the 250 my little 200 always makes me feel a million dollars.

... damn what a fine car... I like the spec and am now very jealous of everyone with one. :sick:

I might look into a trade in, around a year down the line. I know some cars have had rattles etc etc, but the car is really good and I think once these are sorted the 2007 JD Power survey will be wrapped up again.

Hopefully some of the crappy dealers out there will get a kick from Lexus GB also. :tsktsk:

Anyway.. really nice car, like the power blinds and cooling seats. Nice touch.

I did post earlier but the work internet gremlins got the better of it....

I had a IS250 last tuesday for a day.

It would take a very special deal to prize my IS300 away to one of those......

There are loads of nice toys, but no where near the power or the experiance of having an IS300.

Cabin is a lot more cramped, bad blind spots, doors bigger than windows.......

sorry... but I think I will stick to my IS3 for a while longer :)

My policy is with Zurich, and looking at the small print I'm covered to drive vehicles not belonging to me, but only for 3rd party liability. There is a clause that gives me full cover for courtesy cars from dealers, but only up to a maximum engine size of 1700cc.

So on balance, and given that I wasn't desperate to drive the IS anyway, I decided not to do it. I'm just disappointed that the dealer didn't cover it for me, as used to happen in the old days............... :winky:

There are loads of nice toys, but no where near the power or the experiance of having an IS300.

Hmmm, that's interesting because after driving the IS250 I did start thinking about the IS300......

While the toys were great, the driving experience wasn't as involved as my 200, so got me thinking that the only thing I'd miss would be the power - which is where a 300 could step in ;)

The only prob would be the 27mpg that the 250 gave me round town compared to probably 17-18 on the 300 :sick:

My policy is with Zurich, and looking at the small print I'm covered to drive vehicles not belonging to me, but only for 3rd party liability. There is a clause that gives me full cover for courtesy cars from dealers, but only up to a maximum engine size of 1700cc.

Only up to 1700cc? That's a bit harsh :blink:

I hope they don't stop covering the cars themselves down here in London, its so much easier to just go in and pick up the other car than have to mess about trying to get it covered yourself.......

I hope they don't stop covering the cars themselves down here in London, its so much easier to just go in and pick up the other car than have to mess about trying to get it covered yourself.......

Yes is is easier, which is why I'm complaining about my local dealer's attitude to loan cars.

They will cover me to take a test drive though, but only if their salesman is a passenger. It's all to do with their insurance limitations.