Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Granite Doesn’t Bend.

My wife has just had an argument with one of our infamous granite walls that we have in the lanes of Devon, I don’t need to tell you who won. She pulled in far too close to let another car by, deep scrapes to both passenger doors and the sill is dented.

My reason for posting this is to praise our insurance company. People are quick enough to criticize but More Than have been excellent so far. First of all they suggested their own repairers but when I said I wanted a Lexus garage to do it there was no problem at all.

All arranged now for an assessor to view it at Lexus next Thursday.

I know there is still a way to go but they could not have been more helpful and all for £203 a year, easily the cheapest for us of any insurer and that included legal assistance and a never loose your no claim policy and bussiness use. Excess, £200 if anyone is wondering.

I know this sounds a bit like an ad for them but I have to admit to expecting a bit of a battle because I wanted Lexus to do the repairs, I was happily proved wrong.

Addition… Surely the front parking sensors must have gone off, I must ask, maybe not just yet though.

Some insurance companies won't allow you a coutesy car if you pick your own repairer, worth checking.

That’s a good point and one I had already thought of. Lexus Exeter has already offered a loan car while the repairs are being done so I haven’t even asked More Than for one.

They don’t charge for it either like some dealers I have been reading about on here. I asked that a while back when some other minor work was required.

Some insurance companies won't allow you a coutesy car if you pick your own repairer, worth checking.

That’s a good point and one I had already thought of. Lexus Exeter has already offered a loan car while the repairs are being done so I haven’t even asked More Than for one.

They don’t charge for it either like some dealers I have been reading about on here. I asked that a while back when some other minor work was required.

slightly off topic....my is220 is a lease car however, i have to sort the servicing out myself (well the company does) How are Lexus Exeter for servicing / warranty work etc?

slightly off topic....my is220 is a lease car however, i have to sort the servicing out myself (well the company does) How are Lexus Exeter for servicing / warranty work etc?

Thankfully I haven’t had a great deal done.

I was going to have the dreaded dashboard rattle sorted about February (that’s when I found that they didn’t charge for a loan car) but I cancelled it as the rattle disappeared and has never come back (am I going to regret saying that).

The only other thing was an adjustment of the auto lights which I said I would drop in for but they insisted that they would come to my house to save me the trouble bringing a laptop with them. This was a round trip of approx 60miles, so all I can say so far is that they have been A1, always extremely helpful.

In answer to your question I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them. Let’s hope I can say the same after the bodywork repair and new seatbelt recall.

I have a feeling that I will somehow.