Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Visual Saftey Report Lexus Is200

Hi all, I have had my IS200 for 18months now. its a 2001 and bought second hand with 38000 miles on the clock. and a full Lexus service history. I have had both the 40000 mile and 50000 mile ( even though it has only done 45000) service done by Lexus Liverpool. They have given me a service report that is hard to believe.

Quote" water pump and by pass hose leaking" £500

"Front discs worn" £350.

"Rear discs inner exessive corrosion" £318.

"Cambelt & tensioner worn" £300.

Is this an acceptable report for a car that has only done 45000miles? or are they trying it on???

If this report turns out to be correct, can anyone give me a reliable garage or mechanic in the Liverpool area to do the work....

Much obliged SteveL

i had the report done at liverpool and then couple of weeks later had my 50k done at hanley and the difference was massive

I also got told my water pump was leaking couldnt find it anywhere, also got told my breaks needed doing took it to a garage and they sed they were fine same with pads

i think the only thing they could have sed needed doing was the Cambelt as my car is 6 years old and has 57k on now but people have told me to wait until 100k

i am not saying they are trying to get work but it did look suspious

Leaking water pump is fairly common at around that mileage. I had mine done at the 40k service and I can't remember how much it cost but it was a few hundred.

Hi all, I have had my IS200 for 18months now. its a 2001 and bought second hand with 38000 miles on the clock. and a full Lexus service history. I have had both the 40000 mile and 50000 mile ( even though it has only done 45000) service done by Lexus Liverpool. They have given me a service report that is hard to believe.

"Front discs worn" £350.

"Rear discs worn" £318.

Is this an acceptable report for a car that has only done 45000miles? or are they trying it on???

If this report turns out to be correct, can anyone give me a reliable garage or mechanic in the Liverpool area to do the work....

Much obliged SteveL

You can buy ALL of those parts on the net yourself for much less..... then take them to an Independant and pay for labour only.....

"Front discs worn" £350.

"Rear discs worn" £318.

Much obliged SteveL

You can buy ALL of those parts on the net yourself for much less..... then take them to an Independant and pay for labour only.....

Thanks for the replys.

I have been on the net and found the discs, but I have been unable to find the water pump and by-pass hose, has anyone an idea were I could purchase them, as their is a leak of pink fluid around the joint .This is the only certain problem

Steve