Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any Bike Riders/owners

Ellz

Hey all, just wondering if any of you LOCers have motors bikes, I used to have one (yamaha Fazer 600) but sold it i am now looking to buy another one.

Any of you got any sudjestions or ideas, only thing is im 6 foot 5 so can fit on any of these tiny new superbikes even the 1000's, had ago on one of the new R1's, very uncomfortable but bl**dy mind blowing over 100mph in first gear and handles like its on rails.

Ive been looking at the kawazaki ZX12 R

Any helps great

Cheers Elliott

Had a Yoshimura modified Suzi GS550 in the early 80's........until a smash cost me 1cm off my left leg and 8 weeks in hospital :crybaby:

No bikes for me ever again! :duh:

Luckly not had any smashes yet (touch wood) but its in my blood now, im sure you probably still have the odd urge to get on one. i have these every day down here in brighton at the weekend the whole sea front is lined bike to bike for miles and all i can do i stand and watch :(

but not for long :)

Had a Yoshimura modified Suzi GS550 in the early 80's........until a smash cost me 1cm off my left leg and 8 weeks in hospital :crybaby:

No bikes for me ever again! :duh:

Luckly not had any smashes yet (touch wood) but its in my blood now, im sure you probably still have the odd urge to get on one. i have these every day down here in brighton at the weekend the whole sea front is lined bike to bike for miles and all i can do i stand and watch :(

but not for long :)

Contact steve at charlesworth motors, he has lots of bike's for sale :D if you want his number send me a pm :D

Any of you got any sudjestions or ideas, only thing is im 6 foot 5 so can fit on any of these tiny new superbikes even the 1000's, had ago on one of the new R1's, very uncomfortable but bl**dy mind blowing over 100mph in first gear and handles like its on rails.

You're right about the newest superbikes, they are tiny. I was going to upgrade my 90's Blade (urban tiger) for a new one as i've had it for 7 years but the new one feels like a toy. A lot of taller bikers like the 1100 Blackbird or ST1100 Pan-European Honda (don't get the latest ST1300 Pan though as they have a weave issue they still haven't sorted out). The hayabusa, although insanely fast is hard to get out of the wind blast and becomes tiresome quite quickly at speed. I'm going to look at the new ZZR1400 tomorrow (197BHP) How about an older ZZR? The ZZR1200 is a good bike as was the 1100 before it.

The ZX12-R is a good bike but is caught up by it's little brother the ZX10R, the ZZR1400 is about to retail for only about £800 more than the ZX12. If the ZX12 fits you and you like it take it for a nice long test ride, but take it easy FFS.

Wake up at the back.

Sorry I could go on all night about bikes, and quite often do :blush: .

PICT0057a.jpg

PICT0060a.jpg

What sort of budget are you thinking? New or second-hand? What types are you thinking, super-sports, sports or sports-tourers?

I have had on-road and off-road bikes for quite a while. I bought a brand new ZX-7R in 2000 as it had always been my dream bike, I knew one day I would get one so when I had the money I just went out and splashed the cash!

Loved every minute of it and although by todays standards its large and relatively heavy I like it that way, its comfortable for me (6'2") and is rock solid and not at all twitchy on the road (unlike R1's and the like which you have to be more careful with). All bikes nowadays seem to be going the way of the R1 - in both power/weight and styling, which I think is a shame as the ZR is in my opinion a lovely looking bike.

I am actually selling my 7R now as I do not use it enough and I have just moved house so will use it even less (due to distance to work etc.)

20007.jpg

I'm thinking about selling my Hayabusa. It's not easy finding a better bike than that as an "all rounder"

How many miles do you get out of a back tyre? I've never ridden one long distance but they're only supposed to last 1000-2000 miles. Have you fitted a flip-up screen or double-bubble, and if so does it help the airflow? Let's see some piccie's then please.What MPG do you manage? I do a 700 mile 4 day round trip to work on my bike so I don't want to be changing tyres/ filling up all the time.

:blush: I don't mean to hijack the post but I love hayabusa's and don't know any one who owns one. For me it was always a logical step up from the 90's blade but i've been advised against it by different people. It's between the Busa' and the ZZR14 for me.

Still find it amazing that a Busa can be called an "all-rounder" these days, that thing was built for one thing only...... to be the fastest road bike ever.

I'm thinking about selling my Hayabusa. It's not easy finding a better bike than that as an "all rounder"

How many miles do you get out of a back tyre? I've never ridden one long distance but they're only supposed to last 1000-2000 miles. Have you fitted a flip-up screen or double-bubble, and if so does it help the airflow? Let's see some piccie's then please.What MPG do you manage? I do a 700 mile 4 day round trip to work on my bike so I don't want to be changing tyres/ filling up all the time.

:blush: I don't mean to hijack the post but I love hayabusa's and don't know any one who owns one. For me it was always a logical step up from the 90's blade but i've been advised against it by different people. It's between the Busa' and the ZZR14 for me.

Still find it amazing that a Busa can be called an "all-rounder" these days, that thing was built for one thing only...... to be the fastest road bike ever.

To be honest, I haven't ridden it for over a year because I turned my garage at home into another bedoom, and I didn't fancy leaving it outside over night :o , so I leave it at work.

I have heard the same rumours about back tyres but I have only ever fitted one tyre in all the time I've had it (probably because I ride it like it like a girl :lol: ). I have never monitiored the fuel economy - sorry :blush:. Mine has the head lamp and tank protector but the standard screen. It's fast enough for me :o. Awsome machine :)

I'm thinking about selling my Hayabusa.

What sort of money are you after and what year/ colour is it mate? I realise you might not have any piccies, Is it sorn at the moment then?

I went to Derby just now to see the ZZR1400 but they don't have any in stock, just a nice blue ZX12R :winky: No busa's :crybaby:

Of course, if you fancy some older wheels Elliott, a Laverda Jota or Mirage would suit your build. Labour of love though! Earlier Ducati v twins aren't so bad for tall riders either, and more reliable, but that assumes you want a sports riding position, and don't want to do much town riding.

Great soundtracks, and wonderfully non PC :winky:

Like adz says, the older Fireblade is very hard to beat. I found mine comfortable, but I'm only 5' 11".

IanB :D

I'm thinking about selling my Hayabusa.

What sort of money are you after and what year/ colour is it mate? I realise you might not have any piccies, Is it sorn at the moment then?

I went to Derby just now to see the ZZR1400 but they don't have any in stock, just a nice blue ZX12R :winky: No busa's :crybaby:

I haven't really thought about it mate. A decent offer will be acceptable I suspect. It is SORN at the mo. I'll have to get a new Battery for it - it's totally kippered :crying:. Come and have a look - see what you think :)

What colour/ age / mileage is it mate?

It's the BEST colour mate (blue and silver), nothing else comes close. I waited ages to find it. It's a year 2000. Because the Battery is dead I can't see the digital display for the mileage, but I think it's about 10k. I'm going to try and get a Battery tomorrow and breathe some life back into it :)

Hey thanks for all the input, the new zzr1400 may be good but to me its bloomin ugly like the new zx10r the new lights i hate!!!

Who evers responding at TDI my mate just tried to email you a few days back hes got a susuki SV650 and a busa with 205 bhp at fly he wanted a company to tune it but u said you dont do it any more :( il talk more on saturday when im up there.

i love the old fireblades with the holes next to the headlights there amazing, my dads got the blackbird 1100, lovely bike just a bit to sensible and old manish.

I love the look of the zx12r just need to ride one 187bhp shouldnt be to bad.

Matt if ive got one by JAE you can ride it

as long as i can drive the monster ;)

It's the BEST colour mate (blue and silver), nothing else comes close. I waited ages to find it. It's a year 2000. Because the battery is dead I can't see the digital display for the mileage, but I think it's about 10k. I'm going to try and get a battery tomorrow and breathe some life back into it

Might be interested, let me know when you get it running.You being a tuner chappie is it stock? I always liked the bronze and silver busa's but they were a love it or hate it colour scheme, a bit like my urban street tiger.

i love the old fireblades with the holes next to the headlights there amazing, my dads got the blackbird 1100, lovely bike just a bit to sensible and old manish.

Ellz, I know where there's a lovely blade with them fancy holes which might be up for sale soon :unsure: .

By the way the Kawasaki dealer I was in today wanted £8000 for an unregistered last years model ZX12R and £8800 for a ZX10R. When I told him the ZZR1400 is only £8995 he was having none of it. They're crooks and if you're after a Busa or ZX12 you should be able to pick one up at a good price. There's always offers on new bikes in MCN. I remember a while back I saw some Mille Aprilias for about £6K (nice bikes too) :winky: .

im actually looking at Bikes at the mo....but like you ellz, there all to small

Monster- Mat, Would the bike you're after be your first proper bike after the DT125R? A blade is a great bike to build up your confidence, especially my one ;) ;) 0-60 2.8 seconds, 0-100 5.9 seconds, 165 MPH

Hey i have a place where i can get a brand new zx12r for £7995 but ive seen second hand ones for 4000 grand upwards, which is a bargain.

Ive found insurance for 550 quid for me 20 with a licence for 3 years with 3 years NCB which is AMAZIN

I would be careful saying your blade does 0-60 in under 3 seconds as the new 1000's dont do it under that with pro riders.

Still a awsome bike

What do ppl think of colours

I would be careful saying your blade does 0-60 in under 3 seconds as the new 1000's dont do it under that with pro riders

These were factual figures recorded by bike mags in the 90's Ellz, i've never actually timed my one personally.There are quite a few big bore superbikes that can do 60 in under 3 seconds but 2.5 seems to be the limit for a new stock superbike, there's rumours the 2007 GSXR1000 can do 2.4 as well as the ZZR1400. the last few years power has gone up so much but they are consequently much more wheelie prone and harder to accelerate cleanly. I remember an FZR1000 Exup doing 100 in just under 6 seconds back in the early 90's. All the power in the world is no good if you can't keep the front down.

BTW that ZX12 looks mean in that colour, the ZX12 I sat on today was blue like the old 9R and looked a bit square and bulky in that colour. You can't go wrong with the black and gold, reminds me of my old raleigh burner :winky: .

Got a '99 Kawasaki ZX9R C2, but am thinking about flogging it to buy one of THESE

Do it, that looks ace, you can wear your leathers and lid too.

Looks like you'd need them. :D

What do ppl think of colours

Black is always good (never, ever liked the kwak green - horrible and all too common too) but personally I would never buy a bike that did not have black wheels as they are always a bitch to keep clean. It's not like a car wheel where you can easily clean your alloys, you have chains, sprockets, and brakes in the way of cleaning motorbike wheels and its awkward to cover all surfaces, go for black and they are easy to keep looking good :winky:. Maybe i'm just lazy (no, actually I *know* I am lazy :D )