Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've Been Bittern

Last Friday a spider decided my calf was a decent meal..... After much swearing and rubbing i found two distinct puncture wounds in the skin... within minutes this was a blister.. soon after i had painful cramp... Anyway Saturday initially i felt fine, but the leg was becoming redder and more angry, by evening i was quite unwell... people online suggested i may have a reaction to the poison so Monday i visited the Doc, and indeed i had suffered from an Anaphylactic reaction making me feel so ill, treatment though was pointless since my body had already activated it's defences and time would be the best cure.

What's curious is that i never realized we had such aggressive spiders here in the UK or so venomous.... Moral of this post is.... If bittern don't just dismiss it like i did, go see the Doc and save yourself a few days feeling very ill!

Gees, i hate spiders and this time of the year there seems to be more, the other nite i was sittin on the loo and jus happened to look round and beside the toilet was this horrid spider!

Didn't think we had such nasty spiders in this country either, unless u were really unlucky and got one that came in from another country through imported fruit or summit!

Hope your ok mate!!

Gees, i hate spiders and this time of the year there seems to be more, the other nite i was sittin on the loo and jus happened to look round and beside the toilet was this horrid spider!

Didn't think we had such nasty spiders in this country either, unless u were really unlucky and got one that came in from another country through imported fruit or summit!

Hope your ok mate!!

So far the skin on my leg has stayed on, and the bite i think will leave a scar......I'm with you i have never liked spiders and i will avoid any contact even killing them :o

Sounds nasty, u might have been alergic or something, i saw a program called "mythbusters" and they found out that even daddy long legs if agrivated enough will bit and have a slight posion to them but so mild and small that its a slight sting for a few seconds, ill be off to my geek programs now :P

Well, a BITTERN is a type of heron....but getting bitten? Well, today in Bristol, a guy was hand feeding a Cobra in a reptile shop when it bit him! Most deadly venom in a snake. (If it bites an elephant, it'll die within 2-3 hours, a human in 20 minutes. )

Luckily (VERY luckily!!) a Police car was passing the shop and whisked him off to hospital...guy screaming all the way, no doubt?

Watch out for trapdoor spiders....and there's one in Australia that can kill you...it's only small too! It'll probably turn out to be a cure for cancer in small doses, like rat poison is used in heart attacks!

I've noticed alot more BIG spiders around my garden in the last few years, they weren't this big years ago! leg tip to opposite tip is about 3"

sometimes they make their way into the house and scare the crap out of the wife....

I've noticed alot more BIG spiders around my garden in the last few years, they weren't this big years ago! leg tip to opposite tip is about 3"

sometimes they make their way into the house and scare the crap out of the wife....

the only good thing about the big ones is they can't live in your door mirrors....

on second thoughts there could be a whole tribe of 'em lodging in those elephant ears on the 250 :crying: :D

time to get out the lemon Pledge again...